Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the B-BAK on their 2000? Does it really add torque and horsepower? I have a Cobra Fi2000 tuner and am leaning toward the Barons. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
305 Posts
How do you like the FI2000. I just purchased one and in the mail. Wondering how hard it is to install. Looks pretty straight foward. Sorry i cant answer your original question but if you can tell me about the fuel processor it would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you like the FI2000. I just purchased one and in the mail. Wondering how hard it is to install. Looks pretty straight foward. Sorry i cant answer your original question but if you can tell me about the fuel processor it would be great. Thanks.
weather here is still no good. have not installed it yet. kind of waiting for big air kit. wish i was more help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the B-BAK on their 2000? Does it really add torque and horsepower? I have a Cobra Fi2000 tuner and am leaning toward the Barons. Thanks for any info.
The baron was a nice addition to my bike. The mfg of the aftermarket air kits claim additional horsepower, and I am sure you can see it on a dyno, but it will not be that substantial. I am glad that I got mine. :eek:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
more power, rrrggg!!!

The baron was a nice addition to my bike. The mfg of the aftermarket air kits claim additional horsepower, and I am sure you can see it on a dyno, but it will not be that substantial. I am glad that I got mine. :eek:
more air + more fuel = more power... downside, cost you a few mpg's for all that xtry fun. oh yeah, and tires too. next you be needing a better flowing (less restrictive) pipe to let the beast flex her muscles. not all stuffed up like a nose full of snot.

air kits. there are a lot of kits to be bought. some of us enjoy making our own. be sure to use a k&n low restrictive-reusable filter. its easy. its fun. its your own. UBU.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Air Bear... or Bear Air?

da Bear wearin some nose art. cut a piece of 1/8" alum plate 7"round. mate to the throttle body and k&n 7"filter. scam a hd 8" air-bell cover. add a 6" sticky girl pinup decal. whala! custom skewterz.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Baron Big Air

I put the Baron kit on my 04 V2K at Sturgis last year. I also bought the V&H FI Controler. It conflicted with the regular Kawi FI and there were no settings available which included the Baron Kit, V&H pipes etc. There was a guy named Scott Salvi there from Instigator Cycles that told me the early V2Ks ran so fat on the bottom that the Baron Kit coupled with pipes would help lean it out. Based on his experience with his own early V2K, I took the FI controler off. The bike ran better and my dyno runs showed about 8% gain over stock. As far as the fuel mileage, there is a tendency to twist the right wrist a little more when you can hear the air and fuel making power. If, IF, you can stay out of the throttle, the fuel mileage is about the same, 36 to 42 mpg with a 275 lb rider, no luggage. The only problem I have with the Baron kit is that there is no fitting at the top of the backing plate for the upper vent off the valve covers. V&H blanked it off and it ran with no problems back to Canada, but it figured that if the factory put it there......I drilled and threaded a fitting into the backing plate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
more air + more fuel = more power... downside, cost you a few mpg's for all that xtry fun. oh yeah, and tires too. next you be needing a better flowing (less restrictive) pipe to let the beast flex her muscles. not all stuffed up like a nose full of snot.

air kits. there are a lot of kits to be bought. some of us enjoy making our own. be sure to use a k&n low restrictive-reusable filter. its easy. its fun. its your own. UBU.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thats fairly nasty. I for one..am offended.

At least he did refer to peanuts in poop........that would certainly be over the line.but..he didn't so I guess thats something

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts