Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed in length but I would like to know from those that purchased either of them which one benefitted them the most?
I have a limited budget and I am thinking of buying the seat over the pulley. The reason being that the wife is not too impressed with the stock seat ( 900 LT) and maybe it will cut some of the vibes due to it being a gel seat. .
Of course the other option is the pulley which would cut the vibes a little possibly making the stock seat more tolerable.
Any experiences would be appreciated. Mark

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Get the seat. I've got the baron front pulley and a Mustang seat. But I wouldn't have ridden that bike again with the stock seat. I've never sat on the kawi gel seat, but road spikes can't be as bad as that stock seat.
Mustangs are pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion. I'm sure others are excellent, but I haven't tried them.
The pulley will help with the RPMs, but it's not the "first thing I'd do if I had to do it again" upgrade. The seat is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get the seat !! Nothing will "fix" the stock seat. It's not the vibrations that make it uncomfortable. I have the Mustang and it's the best $$ I ever spent. To my mind ... modification #1 has to be to get a new seat. I chose the mustang but ... there are others as well any of which will be a noticeable improvement over the stock one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, definitely the seat. I ordered a new saddleman explorer seat after owning my bike for 3 days. Thats how bad it is.

I rode 150km each way last weekend going 120km/hr minimum ( I was in a hurry ) and the revs didn't worry me but there's no way I could ride over 1 hr with the stock seat.

I have the big 3 and will probs just change to a 170/80 rear tyre when it's due to lower the revs but the seat had to go asap for me. I also have a backrest from comfort ride zone and even though I'm only 37, wouldn't ride more than half an hour without it but that's mainly cause I fractured my back so you may be different.

·
Registered
58 Posts
SEAT! I just installed the Kawi gel seat about a week ago. It's a great seat for the value. I know there are better seats out there, but I got a brand new seat for under 300, brought straight from a dealer.

You can't buy a used mustang seat for under 400 these days.

I have the 170/80 real tire, looks better runs great, fixes speedometer issue, but I don't think it changes the revs all that much, but sumbloke is right, the motor takes the revs all day long, and lowering the rpm's won't make that stock seat any more comfortable at all

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts