Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I did a oops on my 2016 Vaquero last week - dropped it in my enclosed trailer. Apparently I bent the handlebars, so I need to get new ones.

As a shorter rider, I was thinking of getting some new bars with a bit of pullback on them, and the Baron Miter bars seem popular.

I have a 12" Klockwerks windscreen. Does anyone here have this combo of KW windscreen and Baron Miter bars? Will they clear? I found *some* bars apparently will hit a non-stock windscreen, and I definitely don't want to have to modify my windscreen!

These are the bars I'm looking to get: https://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/3224/index.html

Thanks,

-John

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
8” tall I don’t think you have much to worry about. Seeing as these bars have more pullback than stock, and they didn’t hit.
You would definitely have issues with an upright Ape though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I saw that video... he mentioned that he had to grind off tabs or something on the controls in order to get them to not face downward... not sure how my mechanic will feel about that LOL.

I haven't seen much else in the way of simple bars - I saw a site selling bars that said theirs (not Baron) wouldn't fit with an aftermarket windscreen. My mechanic said if it was more involved (ie, required lengthening cables) he wouldn't do it until later in the year (they're slammed right now with work).

I think I'll email my mechanic tomorrow and mention the grinding off of tabs and see what he says. I can email them a link to the video, which may help.

At the end of the day, all I really want is a couple of inches of pullback, with everything else staying in place/position, and not requiring lengthening of cables... a simple ask, I think.

-John

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thanks - I saw that video... he mentioned that he had to grind off tabs or something on the controls in order to get them to not face downward... not sure how my mechanic will feel about that LOL.

I haven't seen much else in the way of simple bars - I saw a site selling bars that said theirs (not Baron) wouldn't fit with an aftermarket windscreen. My mechanic said if it was more involved (ie, required lengthening cables) he wouldn't do it until later in the year (they're slammed right now with work).

I think I'll email my mechanic tomorrow and mention the grinding off of tabs and see what he says. I can email them a link to the video, which may help.

At the end of the day, all I really want is a couple of inches of pullback, with everything else staying in place/position, and not requiring lengthening of cables... a simple ask, I think.

-John

Bars are easily done by yourself; did them on my roadglide. The tab, is a locating pin on the housings, that must be ground off in order to position housings

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bars are easily done by yourself; did them on my roadglide. The tab, is a locating pin on the housings, that must be ground off in order to position housings
Yeah, I get that, but I don't really want to do it. Maybe when the kids are older and I've got time and space to do it.

Also, the grips too.

-John

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK, so I am gonna get the Baron Miter bars, can anyone confirm their diameter, so I can order the proper size grips?

The customer service guy from Baron said he *thought* they were 1", which doesn't give me the warm & fuzzies.

EDIT: Nevermind... DennisKirk.com has them, and their listing says 1.25" diameter.

-John

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OK, so I am gonna get the Baron Miter bars, can anyone confirm their diameter, so I can order the proper size grips?

The customer service guy from Baron said he *thought* they were 1", which doesn't give me the warm & fuzzies.

EDIT: Nevermind... DennisKirk.com has them, and their listing says 1.25" diameter.

-John

The bars are 1.25 the Grips taper to 1”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts