Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Im a newbie here and I just had a question about the lowering kits for the rear end. Been searching for awhile, but can't seem to find anything. Does anybody have or no where I can find a step by step tutorial of installing the 2 inch Baron Kit? Heres the link. The guy at the dealership said it would take 2 hours for him to install for $140. I've been reading that it has only taken some guys 45 minutes to install at home so, I want to give a crack at it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
You basically just need a bike jack/lift and some basic tools. There's 2 bolts, if I recall, that come out and the new suspension lever goes back in. Make sure to regrease the bearing in the new arm.

You can do a search on here for more details. I do remember, however, a thread from a year or so ago where a guy got his hand pinched by the bike shifting, and requiring an emergency room visit for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I started...

Well, I started the lowering today, but got really nervous when doing it. I got to the point to were I was taking out the bolt from the lower arm, but I couldn't get the stupid thing to come out (maybe with a hammer). This makes me think that there may be some tension on it. How high off the ground does the rear tire need to be to have the pressure releived from the swing arm?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I started the lowering today, but got really nervous when doing it. I got to the point to were I was taking out the bolt from the lower arm, but I couldn't get the stupid thing to come out (maybe with a hammer). This makes me think that there may be some tension on it. How high off the ground does the rear tire need to be to have the pressure releived from the swing arm?

Use a floor jack to raise the rear tire when it's on the lift to relieve the pressure on the lower arm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well finished this job up yesterday afternoon and it was a pain in the arse to say the least....thanks for the help mittens!

Drilled out the baffels today so it looks greats and sounds great! :dance:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well finished this job up yesterday afternoon and it was a pain in the arse to say the least....thanks for the help mittens!

Drilled out the baffels today so it looks greats and sounds great! :dance:
No worries! :)

One of the necessary benefits to the lowering kit I have is that the bottom of the new arm hangs lower than the grease nipple right in front of it, so when (and that's a when, not an if) you bottom out on a speed bump you won't rip that fitting off.

Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts