Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haven't used them, but know from experience, if the pipes are packed properly to allow for some back pressure, then no need for any fuel adjustment. If they're open? All bets are off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have them. I also have an aftermarket intake so I have to have a tuner, but the general consensus is that you can change either the exhaust OR the intake and get away without having a re-flash or tuner, but not both. As for the pipes, fit and finish was perfect. They can be a touch loud if you're really into the throttle, but otherwise I think they are fine. One thing I did was to shoot a little high heat flat black inside the ends. Since that area is not plated, it would show a little surface rust.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I put on the Baron's Big and Nasty's. I like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, Finally put these pipes on, The bike pos and backfires on deceleration, Someone told me to marble it ? I put a cobra fi2000r tuner on it, Cant seem to get the settings right, still pops and back fires. I feel like i shouldnt have changed the pipes...smh.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Mine backfires a little even after marbling, fuel tuner and putting it on a dyno.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been looking at those pipes but I don't need to bolt on problems. How would you know if you need to mess with carbs? Backfire=unburnt fuel. So it sounds like I would. There is not a dyno in this one-horse town. So do you think i should leave it alone? It is the quietest bike I've ever ridden. Coming from an unmodified Harley I would like a little more rumble. Do I have options?

·
Registered
169 Posts
You could de-baffle the stock mufflers. In my opinion, I get the occasional pop or crack, but it depends on my riding style. I didn't care for stock sounding and de-baffled sounded tinny to me. The slip-ons were a gamble. I didn't want to spend a bunch on a full system without having a chance to hear them. As it worked out, I like the sound of the hack and slash and the occasional pop is something i can live with. I might go with an ecu flash this winter and see if it helps, but I'm good until then.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts