Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story..short. I replaced the slipped clutch in my bike..went with Barnett clutches.. damn good company has been for many years.. however the only spring they offered was the heavy duty clutch spring..and it's just too damn much..I'm actually getting tendonitis from it.. it flat out doesn't slip..that's for sure.. I have to change it . . Is there something out there that's closer to factory feel but still heavy duty ish?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Reactions: ZweiSugaBear

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about judge's washers? I don't know much about that stuff.. anyone care to explain?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I plan on doing my clutch aping in the future and talked to the guy that makes the Judge washer. He recommended I don’t get the Barnett HD for the reason you don’t like it. He said to buy the Mean Streak spring instead and then his washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
You'll lose the slipper clutch functionality if you install Judge's washers. Kawasaki updated the OEM clutch spring assembly from the original design to eliminate 'premature wear' (for lack of a better description) of the spring. The updated assembly fits older bikes (not sure how old). I upgraded the assembly on my 01 to the newer assembly when the original spring wore out (fortunately before pieces of the spring started to break off).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok.. somewhere do I get the washers? I’m..
Use the updated bellsouth email I gave you above. He doesn’t check his Hotmail one regularly anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 Nomad Maroon/beige and 2003 Nomad Black
46 Posts
You'll lose the slipper clutch functionality if you install Judge's washers. Kawasaki updated the OEM clutch spring assembly from the original design to eliminate 'premature wear' (for lack of a better description) of the spring. The updated assembly fits older bikes (not sure how old). I upgraded the assembly on my 01 to the newer assembly when the original spring wore out (fortunately before pieces of the spring started to break off).
What's the part # if you have it. I have two 2003's I am going to due soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts