Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried a bar snake on their 900? Or know where to get a quality one? Highway vibes are not bad on my bike, but i would like a little more of a silky smooth ride for those 3+ hour trips.

Reason i ask is im Preping my bike for the F1 race in texas and its going to be a 12+ hour ride.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
no, but you could cut the ends(drill) out of your grips and buy some bar end weights ... ala chrome ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I removed my grips and filled the last 6 inches or so of the bar end with RTV rubber sealant. Used a circular plug of cardboard at the end to keep the RTV from hardening to the grips when I put them back on. Once the RTV hardens the vibes are virtually non-existent. I used 'contractor' tube of RTV with a caulking gun to make squezing the RTV into the handlebar easier. Leave the grips off for as long as you can to get the RTV to harden quicker. Just like leaving the cap off a tube of RTV is hardens in a day or two.

I suppose you could totally remove the handlebar and fill from the triple clamp end also for a more complete fill.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i have heard of people making their own using a "soft" rtv mixed with lead shot. The premise being that the lead shot will absorb some of the energy that travels down the handlebars to cause vibration. Im not sure i would want to do that just in case some of the shot broke loose. It would drive me insane to hear tha stuff bouncing around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts