Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya people, i'm looking for the 2 inch bar risers for my 2010 VN900 but can only seem to find them in chrome, my bars are a sort of matt grey colour, does anyone make them to match this colour
cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
hiya people, i'm looking for the 2 inch bar risers for my 2010 VN900 but can only seem to find them in chrome, my bars are a sort of matt grey colour, does anyone make them to match this colour
cheers
Got a picture of them or a brand name? If the bar has a custom finish, you will likely not find matching risers. Risers typically come in chrome or black chrome. You'll probably have to find the risers you want and get them powder coated to match the bar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers crazyriderguy, they are stock bars, I'm struggling to find any risers, doesn't appear to be on sale anywhere in the uk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers bandit, don't suppose you've got a link to where you bought them or a company name

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice one bandit I've just had a look, it says they're for meanstreaks, but see you've got them on your 900 custom so presume it's the same fitting, i'll see about trying to get some ordered from the US, can't seem to find them in the UK.
cheers again

·
Registered
357 Posts
no mates, the Meanstreak and 900 Custom use the same drag bars and tail lights. so you can interchange them when ordering. I also have the Genmar risers in chrome. think I got them off ebay or somewhere for ~$75ish

·
Registered
918 Posts
cheers crazyriderguy, they are stock bars, I'm struggling to find any risers, doesn't appear to be on sale anywhere in the uk
The stock bars are also chrome. If they are matte gray, then someone has altered them.

IF you do a search on ebay, you'll find tons of risers for cheap. I replaced my Barons pull-back risers with a set I found on ebay. They were less than $40 and look sick. However, the cheaper price also means the quality suffers, too. One of the cap bolt holes has begun stripping out and all of the bolts acted like they were a non-metric size being force into a metric hole. I had to buy hex bits because the triple-tree bolts were long and really stiff for a standard hex wrench.

Check out the link in sig for pics of the risers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for that Frizzman thought as much, now here's another question, its got the standard pipes on it, is it possible to run pipes without the sensor or do I need to spend a fortune on after market ones, how does that affect the fuel injection also if possible what happens to the sensor plug
cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
The stock bars are also chrome. If they are matte gray, then someone has altered them.

IF you do a search on ebay, you'll find tons of risers for cheap. I replaced my Barons pull-back risers with a set I found on ebay. They were less than $40 and look sick. However, the cheaper price also means the quality suffers, too. One of the cap bolt holes has begun stripping out and all of the bolts acted like they were a non-metric size being force into a metric hole. I had to buy hex bits because the triple-tree bolts were long and really stiff for a standard hex wrench.

Check out the link in sig for pics of the risers.
incorrect. the 2010 900 Custom "SE" had graphite hammer coated drag bars (to match the Silver pin/race stripes). for some reason MawKaw decided this was the only year and model they would do it on. maybe it was just cheaper to have the chrome since it was used on all Customs.

thanks for that Frizzman thought as much, now here's another question, its got the standard pipes on it, is it possible to run pipes without the sensor or do I need to spend a fortune on after market ones, how does that affect the fuel injection also if possible what happens to the sensor plug
cheers
I'm not familiar with a sensor in the exhaust. my 2011 has a "connector" between the two pipes for air balance. I have my baffles completely removed (plates drilled first, then taken out) but many have gotten aftermarket pipes without issues. I like the sound of the pipes without the baffles; it's deeper tone.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm not familiar with a sensor in the exhaust. my 2011 has a "connector" between the two pipes for air balance. I have my baffles completely removed (plates drilled first, then taken out) but many have gotten aftermarket pipes without issues. I like the sound of the pipes without the baffles; it's deeper tone.
I think the California models came with O2 sensors installed.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Little late to the discussion, but the grey color you say your handlebars are could be the custom SE bars? Mine are grey as well. Since the majority of the bike is black, I bought black risers. The genmar brand is what I went with, and was very pleased. They blend with the bike well. (covered by a fairing now)

I can try to track down an old picture, if I can't find it, I'll take a fresh one later today, whatever I can get with the fairing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts