Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, so hello everyone!

I just ordered from CRG Arrow mirrors for my 2019 Vulcan S and I'm a bit torn on the mounting method... the two options that I'm looking at right now are...

1. Re-use the stock bar weights with self-made PVC shims and a longer bolt to give enough mounting space for the CRG mirror
2. Replace the stock bar weights with Rhinomoto bar-end mirror mounts (preferred method simply for cleanliness of install)

My main concern is losing the stock bar weights and causing extra unnecessary vibration in the bars. The Rhinomoto mounts would look really nice, but I'm just questioning whether or not the Rhinomoto mount and the weight of the CRG mirror will equal or exceed that of the stock weight.

Who here is running bar-end mirrors and how did you mount them? Any noticeable effect on the bar vibration or overall feel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wellllllll....... I kinda thought I might get a little more feedback, but oh well.

I decided to gamble on the RhinoMoto mirror mounts, since they appeared (on paper) to weigh roughly the same as the stock weights. I got them in today and I'm more than pleased. They're quite heavy (feel the same as stock to me) and they are incredibly well machined - worth the money in my opinion.

We're getting some really garbage winter weather right now, so I don't feel like freezing my bits off in the garage this weekend, but I'll mount them up soon when we get a decent day for me to cruise around the neighborhood and see how well the new setup works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I've found my posts to go unanswered on this forum more often than not. Ive had more luck on reddit getting questions answered on r/motorcycles.

Thanks for updating, looking forward to what you think when you install them. I've got some new bar end mirrors I'm going to be installing once I get my bike back from my buddies house in the spring.

Wellllllll....... I kinda thought I might get a little more feedback, but oh well.

I decided to gamble on the RhinoMoto mirror mounts, since they appeared (on paper) to weigh roughly the same as the stock weights. I got them in today and I'm more than pleased. They're quite heavy (feel the same as stock to me) and they are incredibly well machined - worth the money in my opinion.

We're getting some really garbage winter weather right now, so I don't feel like freezing my bits off in the garage this weekend, but I'll mount them up soon when we get a decent day for me to cruise around the neighborhood and see how well the new setup works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok! Weather was decent today, so I got out in the garage and installed the bar-ends.

....WOW. The bike looks 100% better and the CRG Arrows are amazing - they have zero vibration when riding, which is incredible. I've always hated the stock mirrors for how they looked and how much they vibrated, but now that's a problem of the past. Between the mirrors themselves and the RhinoMoto mounts, I'm close to $300 deep just for new mirrors, but all it took was one quick ride to make it worth every single penny.

The only thing I will recommend when removing the stock bar weights, is to heat them up with a heat gun. You'll have to get them un-touchably hot for at least a few minutes before the factory threadlocker will give way, but once it does, they will come off fairly easily. I just used blue loctite on the replacements- that should be more than enough.

1before.jpg 2after.jpg 3outside1.jpg 4outside2.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for the update.

Also, I have very similar mirrors that I havent installed yet, but they only cost $17 on amazon. The quality is absolutely amazing for $17, but I'll see what really happens when I put them on.

For whatever reason, I cant find the share button on amazon to copy the link, so here's a picture

1 - 6 of 6 Posts