Bagger or Bobber

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Figured I'd throw a fun little question out there. Let's see which this forum prefers, baggers (whether full tour or Vaquero style 'custom' baggers), or bobbers/choppers.

For the sake of fun just ignore which one you'd rather RIDE, just which style is better looking in your opinion!

Seems like we've got lots of both on this forum but I'm curious to see which way we lean!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My vote goes to the baggers. Not sure if I'm alone in this, and some of you may laugh, but I think the coolest looking bikes are the ones that look like a two wheeled mack truck going down the highway. Lots of chrome, big tall windshield, a big bagger (fairing, tour pak, the works) and big tall antennas. Big square blocky fenders and lots of lights are a plus.

I dunno, maybe I'm odd but that's my style of bike! :p

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
I vote for a Bagger too. I like the look of one with some apes & slamed in the rear with a nice sound system & room for other accessories if needed. I need some place for storage cause I use my bike for commuting to work & like to take extended weekend trips with my wife. Just cant get the "Luxury & Convience" I'm lookin for from a Bobber I guess you could say.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Bagger. Never been a fan of bobbers. Although I can respect all the work that goes into making a bobber...well some of them anyways...some look like the owner got drunk and just started cutting away

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Love both, but prefer a slick lookin' bagger any day.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
167 Posts
In going to be the odd man out here.. Bobber and chopper without hesitation. Tho I have a spot in my heart for a well done bagger, you can't beat the lean mean mechanical look of a custom bobber or chopper.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I am went with bagger. It was a hard decision for me since I really like the looks of all motorcycles but what attracted me to the world of motorcycling more was the thought of a big bagger bike taking some long road trips and being out on the road. A Bagger just fits my idea of motorcycling.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm genuinely surprised! I thought everyone was gonna go with the bobber!

So here's my question, am I the only one who likes shiney/full-of-lights baggers that look like a mack truck? hehe. That's my ideal setup. Big and blocky, lots of chrome, lots of lights.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I gotta go with the bagger!

If I could afford a stable full of bikes; I would have a bobber in there somewhere.
Maybe, a Vic Highball??!!

I can appreciate a lot of different styles of bikes; for me, form and function should meld together.

Mad Max looks cool; but where is he gonna put his lunch sack?:)

Scott

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
I'm genuinely surprised! I thought everyone was gonna go with the bobber!

So here's my question, am I the only one who likes shiney/full-of-lights baggers that look like a mack truck? hehe. That's my ideal setup. Big and blocky, lots of chrome, lots of lights.
ya had me right up to the "full-of-lights".....i proudly display my christmas tree through my livingroom window....i dont ride it down the highway !!!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya had me right up to the "full-of-lights".....i proudly display my christmas tree through my livingroom window....i dont ride it down the highway !!!!
Haha! Well I would! :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Without a doubt the bobber gets my vote for looks. Light and fast is the look of independence and what this country was built on. If I was a truck driver and in to the fat, heavy, go anywhere look, I'd have voted bagger. Wanna guess what I'm riding? It ain't no bobber. The OP said to vote for what I liked the look of regardless of what I rode. Good thing or I couldn't have voted. :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Actually I would like to meet in the middle and be more of the "custom bagger" look such as a Vaq. I would like to black out some stuff on the V2K and get some hard bags and fairing, pain it the same green that is on the 900 customs, but that is just wishes that the wallet cant support.

·
1,172 Posts
Actually I would like to meet in the middle and be more of the "custom bagger" look such as a Vaq. I would like to black out some stuff on the V2K and get some hard bags and fairing, pain it the same green that is on the 900 customs, but that is just wishes that the wallet cant support.
i got the bags, the fairing, and the green......but its all on a lil 900.....

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I fell in love with that color the first time I saw it in person.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got the bags, the fairing, and the green......but its all on a lil 900.....
Oh well nothing you can take on the highway or ride for more than 6 miles right? I hear they start rolling backwards when you go up a hill :p

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Bagger. I like to carry stuff.

·
1,172 Posts
Oh well nothing you can take on the highway or ride for more than 6 miles right? I hear they start rolling backwards when you go up a hill :p
yup thats what i hear .....lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts