Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
If you leave the air filter alone, probably be just fine.

Here's where I get on my soapbox: Like everyonr who buys a bike, I wanted to make it my own. I decided to debaffle it to get more sound out of it. So I watched the videos, bought the hole saw bits and went to town on it. But the result was disappointing to me. Partly because these mufflers have lots of dividing fins inside them, and the exhaust still has to go through the goat belly, which also affects the soun., It sounded better but still weak and a bit like a coffee can. I ended up biting the bullet and going with an exhaust and air kit and rejetted as well. And then I had a set of exhaust pipes with the baffles drilled out that i ended up having to give away because I couldn't sell them.

Unfotunately, the only way to tell if you like the sound is to do it. Just understand that the consensus seems to be about 50/50 around here. Some guys love the way it sounds and some guys hate it. I can say that after driving the bike for two months with drilled out baffles and then going with straight pipes, it was night and day how much better the pipes sounded than the drilled baffles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts