Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am drilling out baffles I got them drilled with the hole saw I can't seem to get them out tried for 2 days I don't get it any hints it's a 08 900 custom

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know that there are any hints to give. I just shoved a broom handle in mine and moved them back and forth, up and down until they finally broke loose. I did move them at a pretty fast pace. It took a while though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We took it out for a ride to heat them up. I will try it again.i have been working at it for 2 days lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I just went at it for a hour on one and still no break. The broom stick you used was there play in the hole or tight fit? The top pipe my buddy worked on and he hammered in baffle a little. Yesterday it moved good today I was tight I think from drill frags and it heating up. When you did this was pipes hot or cold. Sorry so much questions I just can't get this i did this befor and it was easy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
you used 2 holes? One about 2 7/8 and the other I think is 1 5/8. To get the baffle plate off. That gives you the room to wiggle the baffle around with the broom handle. I did mine cold who want to touch a hot pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am so lost I did this befor it was so easy. I looked online and could not find a video of them trying to take baffle out I allways see the after math

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ok 1st relax a minute. Some use a 3 inch hole saw some 2 7/8, 2 3/4. They are all fine.

The step I think you are missing is the hole saw around that tube you cut off. I believe I used a 1 5/8 hole saw. Which will allow you to remove that plate people drill. Then it will allow you to wiggle that baffle better and it will pop right out.

Here you go Hope this helps. Took me a bit to find it.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/projects-how-write-ups/75454-complete-de-baffling-vn-900-exhaust.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg I am dumb yeah I never did that I used the 3 Inc and that's it I will post a pic tomorrow of what I have done

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed. you need a bunch of room in there to move the baffle around. I drilled mine out. (put holes in it until there wasnt any of the plate left. It still takes a long time of wiggling that thing around until it comes out though.

Its worth it though, dont give up. The sound is awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts