Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer just quote 1678.07 to fix a bad TPS

Supposedly the TPS only comes on the ENTIRE Throttle body unit, with a price tag in the 1200 range ( plus 3.4 hours labor )

Any advice or experience with this ?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I just replaced a defective throttle body on a Kohler Generator. (I own a generator sales & service company). The TPS (throttle position servo), was the defective part, but not replaceable individually. Complete assembly, including programming was $2380.00.
Unfortunately most new engines are assembled from modules, which means less small parts can be replaced.

In your case, I would look for a salvage yard, e-bay, or purchase a used complete engine for spare parts.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Did you just buy the bike?was it sold to you as is?Understand you bought from a dealer,is there no warranty?Feel bad for ya
I would be pissed say the least,Would def have a chat with them and then some

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the TPS for sure..... Had to order a replacement Throttle Body - got a used one to start with.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Did you remember the cover sheet for your TPS report??

·
Registered
419 Posts
I checked to see if my V2K also required complete replacement of the entire throttle body should the TPS become an issue in the future and it sure does. The retail is a little under $790 which doesn't really sound like a deal at all until you look at what some of the others can cost. Very disappointing they don't design things to be worked on any more, guess it's just the disposable society in which we live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts