Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems that my right rear turn signal went out. 08 Custom.It worked this morning before my ride, and now it's out. The fast-flashing indicator gave it away.

I'm thinking that any dealer's parts counter should have a new bulb, no? Are there any tricks to this? No special Kawasaki tools or secret skills? LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
No secrets but I wouldn't be surprised if the bulb is fine but needs contacts cleaned. This has happened twice to me. Last time I used some dielectric grease on the contact point(s).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ddid you run into any water? The dealer washed mine and I had the same problem. I took out the bulbs, cleaned the sockets and bulbs. I also took the chrome cover off above the license light and disassembled the connectors. Gave them a shot of WD-40 then blew them out with compressed air before putting them back together.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ddid you run into any water? The dealer washed mine and I had the same problem. I took out the bulbs, cleaned the sockets and bulbs. I also took the chrome cover off above the license light and disassembled the connectors. Gave them a shot of WD-40 then blew them out with compressed air before putting them back together.
You know, I found no water whatsoever! I made sure everything was tight, and haven't had a problem since!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts