Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I've had my '04 V2000 for about 6 weeks and absolutely love it. Was on a long ride yesterday having already covered about 250 miles around mid and west Wales UK and was heading home. I was riding along a fast long clear stretch of road and about to overtake slower moving vehicles when Bang ! The vehicle in front of me pulled out into my path, hit me off at 70 mph and drove off failing to stop. Not a witness in sight, bummer. I bounced and slid for a good distance, lucky I had the right kit on which saved me. Spent a few hours in hospital, broken elbow joint, ankle and right thumb. Glad to be alive. The bike has damage to the fuel tank, belt and cogg etc etc. I'm gutted ! I'm not leaving this forum though and feel that it's the best one that I'd ever been attached to, and i've been a member of a few over the years. Don't know what the insurance assessor will say about the bike, looks like it's pretty much over I think. Be careful out there folks, peace to you all and watch those damn cars ! I'll keep you all updated and thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sorry 2 hear ...........Glad u r able 2 write about it......Hope all works out 4 u and u r back riding soon......Take care and get well.........Terry........:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad it ended as well as it did. Your smarter than most wearing the proper gear. Be blessed, I'm hoping for a quick recovery for you. Chad

·
Registered
35 Posts
So sorry to hear about your bike, so glad you are going to be ok. Will cross my fingers the insurance co.will be good to you. My better half is a MSF instructor and we never leave home without the proper safety gear. Thanks for your testamony on the right gear.
Cheron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies folks. I'm so glad that I had the right kit on as explained, as without it I would surely have been a gonner. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Yilt,

Sorry to hear about what happened, email me with news of what happens next. The guy in Solihull has sold his VN, the exhaust popping on over run finally did his head in. It was in Sutton at Sutton Coldfield for about a week and then sold. Was only thinking last night I hadn't heard from you. Chin up mate. Martyn

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad you are in good spirits about it all. "Kit" in Whales must mean riding apparel? Or just helmet? I know not Kilt. :D

Herb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts