Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
701 Posts
WOW, that's a lot of green even for me.....lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
As pretty as that is, I think I would switch to a covertible if I couldn't ride two wheels anymore. A convertible would be so much more fun in the curves than a trike would be.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't believe I would ever go with traditional trike. I might try one of those can am spiders but like twowheel I think a convertible would be better. Anything with more than two wheels is not really a motorcycle And provides a different experience.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not one for a trike either but I seeing that I have the green and black Vaquero I thought it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a fan of trikes as well. I would get a little hodrod convert, if that day ever came that I couldn't hold up a two-wheeler. I did test ride a Can-Am Spyder it freaked me out so bad I turned around the first five blocks of the ride. It Just felt unsafe to me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a fan of trikes as well. I would get a little hodrod convert, if that day ever came that I couldn't hold up a two-wheeler. I did test ride a Can-Am Spyder it freaked me out so bad I turned around the first five blocks of the ride. It Just felt unsafe to me.
I love to lay into the curves, I've never rode a Can-Am Spyder or a trike but with my type of riding I feel the same way. To unsafe for me too!

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Well I for one am a fan of trikes, I have had one in the past. I could ride it but not my two wheeled scoots for about 6 months after leg surgery. Glad I had it.

As far as twisties.... maybe, but I had fun in those too, but if you cant ride a two wheeled, your "twisty" days are over, even in a convertible. After all, a convertible by any other name is just a......... car....

Strangely enough, when I am in a car I never have any windows down. Don't like the wind noise.... plus A/C is always on....

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Cool looking bike!

I've thought about the convertible vs trike thing. My mom got herself a little MX-5 Miata when the kids were (almost) all out of the house. I've drive that thing a few times. Leather seats, paddle shifters. You don't get much more twisty road performance than a Miata. In fact, I still get a lot of wind in my face because my head is ABOVE the windshield (I can't drive this thing with the top up at my height). Ironically, the windshield on this miata comes to the bridge of my nose- just like my motorcycle windshield. And as fun as it is, it's just not the same. You can go fast around corners but your hands are still on a steering wheel, you're still sitting in a bucket seat and your feet are still flat on floorboards. Beats the heck out of my Saturn but... a car is a car.

Never ridden a trike but I think if my two wheel days ever come to an end, a Trike IS the better solution. Just something about throwing your legs over it. Kinda like my wife when she was shopping for her first bike. She, on paper, wanted a Suzuki Burgman. A 'maxi scooter'. She liked the storage, the ABS, the auto transmission. Sounded like exactly what she wanted. We went to the dealer, she's all giddy and excited, she sat on it, and instantly said "mmm.. no I want a motorcycle". There's just something about it, that you can't put your finger on. And it's not just getting all of the wind either (heck we spend good money reducing the wind!). There's just something about throwing your leg over a bike! Anything else just isn't the same. I think I'd rather have three wheels than 4, no matter how cool those 4 wheels are.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Cool looking bike!

"I think I'd rather have three wheels than 4, no matter how cool those 4 wheels are."
I totally agree! Actually, I would probably opt for a product called LegUp Landing Gear. From their website: "This PATENTED, computerized system is centered around an electric linear actuator, that lowers, at the touch of a button, legs with wheels and a spring mechanism. This system will only allow the wheels to lower under 10MPH, and will balance the bike completely on level terrain. You still put your feet down, but LegUp™ makes it feel much lighter and is always there to help! The onboard computer senses speed and wheel position and upon acceleration, if the operator does not retract the wheels, LegUp™ will raise them automatically. Semi-automatic deployment (lowering) of the wheels is also supported! With the wheels down, you can lean your bike a bit each way (about half as much as with the wheels retracted!), which lets you adjust for uneven terrain, and make turns at slow speed with some help!" Check it out at www.landinggear.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts