Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are some notorious aftermarket brands out there that are known for its poor quality. Well, here is another one- Caltric. STAY AWAY!!! I purchased a regulator from ebay for a friend's vn750 and it does not regulate the voltage properly. I returned it because a multimeter showed that the voltage rises and drops far from its operable parameters. Although I got my refund, they refused to pay me my return shipping cost when it was THEIR item that was defective. Also, this same company sells the same $19.50 cheap regulator for $300.00!! Check it out on ebay. Very crooked for any company.

Before I received the regulator, I also purchased a starter relay solenoid for my vn800 from the same company and the part is just crap. I had to straighten the pins in order to attach the electrical wiring harness. While doing so, I noticed the sloppy soldering job right below the pins. Although this part did work, the strength of the click was weaker than the oem part and only time will tell when it fails. A little notice here- I believe this same company also goes by Celox. Their ads, locations, and pictures are the same. I guess they got so many negatives from the first name that they decided to disguise themselves with another similar ebay user ID.

On that note, I want to offer my "waving" :waving: to Caltric and Celox. Know any other bad aftermarket brands? Let's make them all notorious.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts