Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never cared for the idea of riding with a dog attached to my body. But carriers are available for this purpose.

A buddy of mine had his chihuahua out for a ride today. He uses one of these carriers. A car turned in front of him in town, and I know this guy doesn't speed so he was doing no more than 50 KMH (30MPh). He rode the bike home not badly damaged but his dog didn't make it when he went down on top of it.

It's none of my business nor do I care if anyone uses these, but just a thought to think about.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I'd bet that no one feels worse about it that him. His thought was to share his riding with his best buddy and ended up taking it's life. I feel so sorry for both. Many of us love our pets as if they are our children.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I always thought I was alone in this but, the thing that scares me the most about pet carriers (whether tank mounted or backpack mounted!), is that they don't make helmets for dogs! I'll take a helmeted, properly dressed (no flip flops or shorts on the back of my bike!) human passenger, but not a defenseless animal. Guess I'm just a softy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts