46 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is that the screw to remove if you need to check the gear oil

·
Registered
2001 kawasaki vulcan 750
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's mud from my dirt road all around it. And I haven't checked just yet I gotta get to the garage to see what I have to work with. My kids lose all my tools constantly

·
Registered
2001 kawasaki vulcan 750
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Why can't I post videos on this sight. I can send pics but no video clips

·
Registered
2001 kawasaki vulcan 750
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Also
You might be able to see the tank is damaged and the exhaust pipe also. That's where the guy I bought it from let it fall over in the trailer.
Also need new gauges because he put aluminium tape around them to hide the rust on them I'm guessing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Huh

Well it does come with Bridgestone apparently. I know mine needs to get here soon. I have no meat left on my back tire.
I was showing you excerpts from both Haynes and Clymer manuals confirming the filler bolt location.

As far as posting videos, upload your videos to YouTube and post the link.

·
Registered
2001 kawasaki vulcan 750
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I took the cap off and didn't have anything come out of it. It just recently started making the noise so honestly I think there is a possibility that the original owner of the bike may feel like he was ripped off. Reason being (2001 vulcan 750 10,792 miles on the bike and all I paid was $400 and that's the price he asked for it so that's what he got. Originally he thought there was something major going on with the wiring on it. So I bought the bike and never heard it run. Well I got to the house and checked everything.... He had a plastic spacer between the cable and battery. The bike wasn't charging. So I put all the proper equipment back on it and it's ran ever since

·
Registered
9 Posts
Might be a stupid question but did the noise happen on one particular road maybe just maybe it’s the road?

·
Registered
2001 kawasaki vulcan 750
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Might be a stupid question but did the noise happen on one particular road maybe just maybe it’s the road?
No it's every time i start moving in first gear and the one night I heard it I was doing about 45 mph but I had my backpack on also so it could have been something I had strapped to it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts