Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody gone back to stock after adding pipes,Fi etc? Last summer I put vance and hines pipes,cobra fi,kn filter,bike pulled hard but the noise on longer rides drove me nuts as well as some of my mates especially my wife:(
so i removed all in the fall sold it all,went back to stock now all are happy:) i did however bought a SW front pulley which im excited about and hope it will make a difference in riding pleasure once installed!love my quiet 900 now but still love the sound of modified vn 900s ridden by my fellow brothers and sisters...................................chiox Rob:skeleton:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I had the same experience on my 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre. My loud pipes looked great and sounded good around town, but they wore on my during longer trips. I put the stocks back and decided the noise was for teenagers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the cobra longs,bak and fi2000 and have very loud exhausts now. I solved the problem with the gummy earplugs from wmart to wear on longer rides. Only ride single so if anyone riding behind can pass me if the noise bothers them, don't mind riding in the back of the pack. I would rather have a little noise and more power but I think a lot go back to stock after awhile.

·
Banned
593 Posts
I've not experienced this. There are TWO sets of stock pipes in my junk pile that will never be used again . . . lol. My loud pipes have never bothered my on long rides. In fact, I pretty much get turned on by them!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I replaced the stock pipes with V&H and also found them too loud. I installed the V&H "quiet" baffles and now they are perfect. V&H sell a "quiet" baffle as a replacement for the one that comes with the pipes. Takes about 5 mintes to swap them out - just a couple of set screws. Had to order them direct from V&H as the dealer had never heard of them. Cost in the order of $60.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My HardKrome Strippers were too loud, so I put in a set of SmartPartz Hard Kore Baffles and now they're just right. If baffles weren't an option, then yes, I probably would have gone back to stock. I ride for pleasure, not to be irritated by a loud drone.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had a Barrons Air Kit and Cobra Powerpro 2-1. A Hard Kore quiet baffle took care of the pipe noise. I put the stock air box back on to take care of engine noise. For me, the noise was just too much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am still considering going back to stock as well if I can find a set of stockers. I would like very much to get an audio set up and I know I will not be able to hear it very well over the pipes. I guess I may have to find a good set of ear buds and just be content with phone tunes.

·
Banned
593 Posts
I am still considering going back to stock as well if I can find a set of stockers. I would like very much to get an audio set up and I know I will not be able to hear it very well over the pipes. I guess I may have to find a good set of ear buds and just be content with phone tunes.
Where you located? Might be able to help you out!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I replaced my stock with Hard & Krome strippers and LOVE IT! I do have a supply of foam ear plugs. i like to ride 50 + miles every ride and on longer rides I could easily lose hearing for while. Ear plugs work great. I do use BOSE ear buds (only one) when I ride and it works pretty good. The regular ipohone ear buds kind of suck for this

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I have a set of stock pipes that only have maybe a 100 miles on them. I replaced them with cobra swepts and while they are loud if you are behind me on long rides they don't bother me at all. I hear them more at slower speeds and around town. However they still don't bother me. Anyways my stockers are just sitting in my garage and would be willing to sell them if anyone interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts