Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Vulcan 2000 owners! I have a 2007 and I am removing the backseat permanently, at least I think permanently. I would like some help from those who have done it before with ideas for covering up the holes left by the brackets. Also, are there any good aftermarket tail lights that allow you to relocate the license plate or can it be relocated without replacing the tail light?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
pchaz123 -- I recently got to see my Mo'Dean without her backseat...and LOVED it! I do not know the answers to any of your questions...yet...but I'm going to ask Gabe, my wrencher, about the possibilities. And I will be very interested to follow this thread and see what all gets uncovered...

·
BOTM Winner, November 2016
149 Posts
If you plan on keeping the factory turn signals then you can fabricate, like I did, a bracket to move the license plate holder to the turn signals. Let me see if I can find a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
As far as I was able to look for I only found one solo rack for the Beast, is more decorative than functional cus of the curve shape things can slide off with ease, don't get me wrong, it does do the job of having a place to put stuff and to "bungee net" things to but it is not as functional as a flat rack.
The decorative aspect of it is right on the money, goes with the shape of the fender and it covers all those holes the seat hardware left visible (I usually leave the screws on there to avoid dirt on the threads, even got black screws so they get lost behind the rack). Because I often change b'tween solo rack/small seat/wider seat/ full 2 up configuration, ease of change has to be on the equation.
And most important, I absolutely agree, the beast looks awesome in solo rider configuration.
4th pic is full 2 up and 5th pic is the solo rack with a thank bag on it, very useful 4 short trips even without the hardbags or weekend trips with the bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Preacher824 I love the idea of putting the plate on the blinker bracket. I was thinking of doing that and now that I see what it looks like I am sold.

chanoc1077, Where did you get that small luggage rack? I was looking at the mustang bib but might go that direction instead. Nothing wrong with a little more chrome....

Thanks guys for the ideas. Its helping....

·
BOTM Winner, November 2016
149 Posts
Hey Preacher824 I love the idea of putting the plate on the blinker bracket. I was thinking of doing that and now that I see what it looks like I am sold.

chanoc1077, Where did you get that small luggage rack? I was looking at the mustang bib but might go that direction instead. Nothing wrong with a little more chrome....

:smile2: good luck and post pics after.

·
Registered
857 Posts

I first saw it some where on the web, can't remember xacly where. They show up on and off on e-bay, since our model is out of production the parts made for it are getting scarse.

Just did a google search for "vn2000 solo rack" and many pix of it show up.

Here a place that still has it in their catalog although not in stock right now

Show Chrome Accessories Curved Solo Rack - Vulcan 2000 - 71-124 - Phat Performance Parts

And it seems these guys do have it but at a higer cost:

https://fortnine.ca/en/show-chrome-big-bike-parts-curved-solo-rack-kawasaki-vn2000-71-124

hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the bib. I think I am going that direction for now. I found one online for 35 plut 8 shipping so not too bad. I am excited to see how it matches my studded seat.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I bought a licence plate relocation bracket that mounts it below the OEM signal bar. I'm not bear the bike at the moment, but when I'm back home next I'll snap a pic. Hopefully I can find the site I bought it from and I'll pass that along as well.

Edit: I found the invoice for the relocation bracket, it came from CruiserCustomizing.com (which has changed to compacc evidently?)

Here is what it was when I bought it:

BBP-71-129 Show Chrome Accessories License Plate Relocation Bracket - Kawasaki VN2000 1 $31.46 $31.46

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great. I predrilled some holes in the blinker bar and screwed my plate right to it. Looks good as well. I also bought a bib and removed the back seat and I love the look. Now I am considering hollowing out my pipes. This bike is just too quiet for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts