Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys running a back rest for yourselves?Does it get in the way?How about your passenger?Can they get on and off alright?Does it hit the insides of their legs?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Yes! And love it. Mustang seat w/ BR. Takes a little getting use to when mounting/dismounting from bike. But not a big deal. No impact on passenger. It does fold down but I dont do that for myself

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oh yeah! It gets in the way. Can't mount from the left because of a bum knee and it gets embarrassing holding your leg up by the cuff of your pants to mount that thing. So I tuck and mount from the right, but even that gets difficult toward the end of the day. Some days it's good to be incognito with dark glasses and a big helmet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I recently purchased a Grasshopper back rest for my Voyager.

Fits quick and easy and you can remove it just by pulling out of the mounting, fits standard seat only.

Takes some getting used to as it feels like titis pushing you further forward but in reality you are just sitting more upright. Certainly helps the lower back on long rides.

For short rides around town I just take it off.

As regards getting in and off with it in place, depends how nimble you are !

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I second what Russy says on the grasshopper. I just got mine about a month ago and have been riding with it for a couple thousand miles now. Definitely makes longer rides better. My daughter is typically my passenger when I have one and it doesn't bother either of us but she weighs 110 soaking wet. Passengers with any girth about them will push it forward a bit more and I'd consider taking it off in that case. Takes less than 10 minutes to install and removing the backrest afterwards is as simple as a quick tug. Reinstall is just as simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts