Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I do believe the saga is complete!

Well, i think all that's left is set the tire pressure and put gas in her.

All ancillary equipment removed to get valve cover and starter out, reinstalled.
Carbs rebuilt.
Carbs balanced.
Valves adjusted.
New valve cover seal.
New coolant tube o-rings
Fresh coolant
Rebuilt starter.
Rebuilt starter over-running clutch.
New sprockets.
New chain.
New rear tire, tube and strip.
New battery.
Chain and alignment set
Rear brake cleaned, lubed and adjusted.
Cleaned, carnauba waxed, Nevr-Dull and Simichromed.

Everything but the valve adjusters, rear axle big bolt, phillips screws and muffler pinch fitting torqued by the book. If somebody has a way to torque the valve adjusters correctly, let me know and I'll do it next time. Big bolt, "whanged" with the bike's toolkit.

Nevr-Dull is pretty handy stuff.

As of 10 P.M. last night - yesterday was the last push. 10 hours of work.. Every muscle in my body is sore at the moment though. Just might be able to go on a shake-down ride today. If the Tylenol works.

I never gave this bike a name. What about, "Persephone"?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! You had a busy day!

Are you talking about the lock nut for the valve adjustment?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I certainly didn't do all that work last night... Been off the road far too long.

Yes, the valve lash lock nut. There's no way I'm aware of to get a torque wrench on it while holding the adjuster steady with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I certainly didn't do all that work last night... Been off the road far too long.

Yes, the valve lash lock nut. There's no way I'm aware of to get a torque wrench on it while holding the adjuster steady with a screwdriver.
Get it hand tight, mark it with a paint pen, the nut and the adjuster, or fingernail polish. Then torque it, and check to see if it's moved?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts