Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much fun Chasing Ducs , Ktms Beemers and Guzzis through the Blue Ridge Mountains. More curves in half a day than I see here in a year. And the Goblin did herself proud. Did only 125 mile the first day ( my post Stroke buddy was along on his CB1100). No wrecks and no tickets. Did a hair over 260 second day ( Sadly only about 190 before the rain came in). Supposed to be a Ducati rally but there were more KTMs than anything. Some of them snickered about me showing up on a cruiser , that didn't last long. Gave me a chance to get rid of the chicken strips and apply lipstick :grin2:. Have some GREAT route guides if anyone is planning a trip to the Blue Ridge. Oh the last pic is a 1974 Laverda 750 twin. Now back to the real world. Ride Safe. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bearslayer I'll take you up on the great routs offer I'm going to do the the blue ridge this summer. I did this ride full length twice before and stayed at the Cherokee reservation but this year we'll be going a little further so we can ride the Cherohala skyway and would also be looking for decent hotels in that area. I'm going to skip the very top of the blue ridge and get on in Staunton Virginia from route 250. Another area i could use some help on is getting to route 250 in west Virginia from the Pennsylvania line if anybody knows that area. I really do not want to go down 219 i did that a few years ago and that road sucks so i'm looking a little further east at maybe 93 to 28 to 250 or 93 to 32 to 33 west to 219 and a short ride down 219 to the start of 250 east to the blue ridge parkway. I stayed in west Virginia a few years ago and found 250 a great ride. I don't remember if the top of route 219 was bad but i do know the bottom where it crosses 33 to snowshoe mountain was not that nice. I'm open to suggestions from anyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts