Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 05 1600 Nomad with 4000 miles on it. The previous owner says it has a power commander installed. I'm not sure what that is. From time to time when decelerating it back fires. Usually slight but once at about 70mph when I let off it gave me a loud one. Like a shot gun. It has Vance and Hines exhaust. Should I be concerned about this and is there anything I can do to remedy it?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just picked up a 05 1600 Nomad with 4000 miles on it. The previous owner says it has a power commander installed. I'm not sure what that is. From time to time when decelerating it back fires. Usually slight but once at about 70mph when I let off it gave me a loud one. Like a shot gun. It has Vance and Hines exhaust. Should I be concerned about this and is there anything I can do to remedy it?
a power commander is a computer chip that can adjust the fuel mixture all through the rev range. search for PC3 on the web. A back fire on deceleration is most often caused by too much fuel being used.

Its quite possible the previous owner increased fuel for extra performance. you need to find out more about the PC and how to adjust it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How you can not love a site where you can get an intelligent answer that makes sense and was fast to. Great to be part of group of such good people.

HalfBreed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts