Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into a vertical licence plate holder bracket axle mount off ebay but it looks like the rear end of the bike needs to come apart in order to install it. How mechanically inclined does one need to be to undertake this task? Anyone tried it? Experiences?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Its a little complex I had to reverse my axle to get it out further to clear my brake line But other than that its ok I also had to use washers to space it out just a little but I love the look Heres mine And the light is brighttt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any issues with alignment, belt tension, etc afterwards?

On a side note BlackedOutVulcan, was your bike a 'SE' originally? I want to replace some of the chrome looking plastics on mine with black ones like you have. Any idea where I can find the black plastic pieces?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've seen several of the SE black plastics on ebay recently. Might check there AZ

·
Registered
135 Posts
similar to the above example ... same mount different shaped light ... paid 105 off ebay ... I reversed the axle while doing the swap to a 230 and used a 18mm axle nut from mean cycles that works SUPERBLY ... I stayed away from washers and actually used an angle grinder on the inside of the plate mount to work around the funny shape of the belt tensioners and then touched them up with black paint ... i've actually seen some who just angle the license up which i didn't like ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! And great looking swingarm bag, I just ordered mine this morning. Is yours the standard or the wider option?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine's the standard size. If you got the same, don't expect to be able to store awhole lot in there but it looks damn good and comes in useful for small things.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the standard as well, traditional saddle bags just don't look right on the Custom. I also ordered the smoked integrated taillight that I see you have as well. Wiring reasonable straight forward on that? I'm exceptionally retarded when it comes to things like wiring

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just for kicks. Here's my Kury side mount

·
Registered
183 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts