Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 900 custom this morning after I had a Avon 200 Rear tire and Baron Rear Pulley installed. I went with the rear pulley to give me a little more clearance for the bigger tire.

Well, after riding today all I can say is Wow, This is great!!!!

Can tell a difference in first in that I lost a little torque due to the "gear up", but not enough to matter as far as I can tell. However the difference in the top gears is very noticeable. No longer hunting for 5th, smoother cruise at 70mph, speedometer is actually a little low now compared to actual (which I like), it just feels....better.

I know some don't like the 900 set up like this with the "over drive" pulley(s), I've read a lot of reviews and debated this for two years, but for what it is wih to anyone else debating doing this I think it is great!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Amen brother!

My first 2,500km were on the stock setup, then I went to the Avon 230 rear tire and the rear pulley all in one fell swoop.

Love it. No turning back for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amen brother!

My first 2,500km were on the stock setup, then I went to the Avon 230 rear tire and the rear pulley all in one fell swoop.

Love it. No turning back for me.

Shadow1: I have read alot around the site about 200 rear tire on a stock rim. Are you running a 230 on a stock rim?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was planning to put on a 200 but if a 230 will work with a little more mod'in' why the hell not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Shadow01, I'll never turn back either. I rode two up with my wife through SouthEastern KY in the Mountains this weekend, it was great! Still plenty of power on the hills, I might have downshifted a few times where I wouldn't have before, but not emough to even realize for sure whether or not I did. But the smoother cruising definatley noticable, even to my wife.

Wish I'd done this earlier.......

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts