Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these in their custom??

I know its probably been asked a thousand times, but for the rear, should a cobra in 200/70-15 fit a stock custom?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Has anyone put these in their custom??

I know its probably been asked a thousand times, but for the rear, should a cobra in 200/70-15 fit a stock custom?

Thanks
I have Avon on both front and rear. love the grip and I went with a larger tire. you should be able to fit the 200 without any modification, or with minor belt guard trimming.

you can check out the actual size on Avon's website to see how tall/wide they are

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. I was wondering about the belt guard trimming. Some say it fits with no mods, some say it will need trimming......I already pulled the trigger on them so they will get mounted either way, and i will follow up with pics.

Thanks frizz

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ok, thanks. I was wondering about the belt guard trimming. Some say it fits with no mods, some say it will need trimming......I already pulled the trigger on them so they will get mounted either way, and i will follow up with pics.

Thanks frizz
some pics for ya :grin2:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Frizzman,

Did you buy the spacers to raise the front fender if yes, where did you get them, what did they cost?

Looks good, let us know how you like the ride and if you notice any significant difference.

WB

·
Registered
357 Posts
I bought 2" flat-stock from Tractor Supply (hardware store) and cut two pieces, drilled holes, and rounded the edges. Then painted them black to match. Unless you are looking it's hard to tell :)

a few more pics:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got done having the AVON COBRA 200/70/15 put on. Be advised, the AVON cobras WILL RUB on the lower belt guard...

I didnt find out until i got home (20miles later). However, i read a while back that someone used washers to put some space between the tire and the guard. I placed two 7/16s washers in there and now i have some space.
They are the Avon cobra 200/75/15. 2012 vulcan 900 custom. NO MODS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts