Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
no one with the Avon Air that can comment? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

No exp with the Avon Air, but judging by the looks , they MAY??? offer superior vibe dampening than the Kur, ISO grips.
I have Kur , they help but lots of vibe still gets thru

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've got kury's iso grips with a throttle boss, and still get a bit of vibe-numb hand on the throttle side every once in a while. Some fingerless gloves with gel inserts in the palms help, as does loosening my grip and changing how my hand lays on the throttle for a min or two (throttle boss makes that possible). I don't have the optional end weights, so those may help.

I *can* say that it's still much better than before with stock grips, as they were a bit small for my hands. The kury's are bigger and make for a nicer feel/grip, plus, they look a whole lot nicer!

·
Registered
742 Posts
ditto for ISO grips... although the avons look like they'd be comfortable in the summer without wearing gloves. if you always wear gloves, iso's then.

only problem i have had with mine are the rubber is starting to show signs of alot of use/wear... they are not even 1 year old... not to happy with that, and afraid if the rubber breaks down or tears i'll have to replace it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Avon grips but because of all the snow around here I haven't been able to ride with them yet. I can tell you that they feel really good while I sit on it in the garage dreaming of riding.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I originally ordered the avon's you are talking about, For some reason the shop couldn't get it to fit on the housing when they put them on my bars. Something that was supposed to be there wasn't. So it wouldnt snug up. I put new bars on as part of the grip change. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. They had the same prob before with another bike. Maybe it was a fluke but I might ask ahead of time. I went with the ISO instead. I am really happy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts