Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thinking about doing an IBA rally next yr, the stock tank is good for SS1000's or bun burners, but not for bbg's, so I need to start thinking about putting an auxiliary tank on it, has anybody put one on the bike, where did you get it and how is it plumbed, I have a klr and that's my solo bike, it would do a saddle sore but uses oil when you keep it hammered, so I'm using the voyager, but the voyager is also my big trip bike and my two up bike so the tank needs to be removable, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
buy a keg, mount to the passenger seat, run plumbing, viola.

I don't know if that would work, and the wight might be too much, but its the only idea I have.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
... so I'm using the voyager, but the voyager is also my big trip bike and my two up bike so the tank needs to be removable, any ideas?
Just to clarify, the auxiliary tank needs to be removable? How large does the aux tank need to be? I don't have any ideas for you but this is definitely something I'm interested in. Thanks for starting the thread.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You are planning on stopping for washroom breaks I assume? Why not just put a small fuel container in each saddlebag and just add fuel when you stop.....saves plumbing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a camel back for drinking and want a stadium buddy or tube running down my pants for the bathroom part, so at least a 5 gal auxiliary tank, I found some that you mount behind the bike, or on the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
My toocas generally needs a break about fuel time. Just a minute or two off the bike.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a camel back for drinking and want a stadium buddy or tube running down my pants for the bathroom part, so at least a 5 gal auxiliary tank, I found some that you mount behind the bike, or on the passenger seat.
Oookay. I personally ride for enjoyment and relaxation, not a marathon. I'm almost afraid to ask what you have rigged up for #2 :smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts