Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have 8 sets of connectors to make your own Aux Audio Cable.
All you need is whatever audio cable fits your needs.

$5 plus the actual shipping cost.
Message me if interested and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have actually been trying to figure out what those connectors are. Do you mind telling me what the name or model number is for those connectors?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have actually been trying to figure out what those connectors are. Do you mind telling me what the name or model number is for those connectors?
It also took me some time to find out exactly what they are... :)
Not sure which one is the female and which one is the male, but what you are looking for is:
TPS - TRE Connector 6187-3231 / 6180-3241

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got one of these from Chris, and after 15 minutes of work . . . I have music from my player. I got two plastic adapters (one male, one female . . . only two genders here) plus three male metal clips and three female metal clips (again, only two genders). I used the female adapter and the male clips.

I took an older Aux cord, cut off the cord at about 12 inches, and stripped the three inside wires. I had bare copper (ground) and a red wire and a white wire. I slipped a shrink wrap tube over the cord, then soldered each of the wires onto a metal blade clip piece. I then crimped over the tabs and pushed each of the metal clips into the white plastic adapter. The yellow wire coming to the back of the harness in my Voyager is ground, so I pushed that wire clip into the correct hole so it lines up correctly. There is a rectangular tab on the adapter, and it points to the hole where the ground wire goes - you can see it the lower left piece in Chris' photo. I then pushed the other two clips in (they all snap into place when you get them in far enough) and slid the shrink wrap tube down and heated it with a hair dryer until it was nice and tight.

Plugged the Aux end into my music player, and the adapter onto the Voyager plug - and I have music. Pretty simple, and works great.

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,
I have 8 sets of connectors to make your own Aux Audio Cable.
All you need is whatever audio cable fits your needs.

$5 plus the actual shipping cost.
Message me if interested and we can work out the details.

I know this is an older thread but I need this post to enable my PM priviliges as a newer member.
Do you still have any available? If so I would be interested. Thanks George

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm impatient, and an electrician. I cut mine off and spliced on what I needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts