Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2009-2010 VN900 have an O2 sensor in the exhaust line?
I think this would allow for an auto tune setup such as Power Commander.
The PC website says a weld in bung is provided in the kit.
But I’m not much of a welder.
Seems like this would eliminate the need for dyno tuning – if it works.
Has anybody tried one?

MoLo

I'm currently installing stator number 3 on my VN750.
I'm ready for a change!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
No O2 sensor in the 900, except maybe the left coast versions. Also there's no performance benefit from a PC on a 900 until the intake and exhaust systems are changed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
US model 900 don't have O2 sensors, (thru 2009), but EU models (and possibly other areas models) do/did have O2 sensors.

I install a BAK and a Fuel Processor (Techlusion) without changing the exhaust and the performance is noticeably better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you do have to have a bung welded in, ususally costs about $50. my buddy had one put on his VH pipes for his wideband commander (pre-PCV) he's jealous that i just ordered mine. It should eliminate the need for dyno runs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see some comments out there about intake, exhaust and processors. Just this morning, I put on Cobra Power Pro HP 2 into 1 exhaust and the fi2000r. I have a Barons Big Air Kit coming Monday that I will put on as well. Does anyone have experience with the fi2000r setting for this kind of setup?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can chime in, have PCV, got it last june and ordered the Autotune, had the bung welded into the front pipe of a set of COBRA 2-1 POWERPRO not the HP, it is visiable but to big to fit in the crossover part of the pipes, be sure you position the bung so the O2 sensor, (it is not small) does not contact the motor, as for function it works great if you give it time to make the needed adjustments, once the trim settles down, (I.E. stops jumping) your bike run's great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
vn900 map

I can chime in, have PCV, got it last june and ordered the Autotune, had the bung welded into the front pipe of a set of COBRA 2-1 POWERPRO not the HP, it is visiable but to big to fit in the crossover part of the pipes, be sure you position the bung so the O2 sensor, (it is not small) does not contact the motor, as for function it works great if you give it time to make the needed adjustments, once the trim settles down, (I.E. stops jumping) your bike run's great.
-Is there any way you could post the map your auto tune generated? I have just installed the PCV but as you know there isnt a map for the HP 2-1 pipes, this would save me a trip to the dyno :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts