Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I get to know this bike (2010 Voyager), the more I like it. One thing I don't like, though, is the auto-cancelling turn signals. Is there any way to turn this off? The shutoff distance seems short to me, so I would rather handle it manually.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now that you said that I think they do shut off a bit soon...better than not at all. I followed behind many person for many miles before they realized their signal was still on.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I've gotten to where I hit the cancel button all the time. Every time I take off, shift gears, sometimes just cuz i haven't done it for ten seconds or so. I'll probably wear it out. As it is, I take it apart every year or so just to clean it & reassemble it.

And yet, every once in a great while I'll look down and see it's on and I not know how long it's been on...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I think I read somewhere that they cancel after 300ft.. Thats about 1 city block, which seems right to me. When I'm making multiple turns close to each other, I'll hit the cancel, but normally just let it do its thing.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Maybe I'm a little too cautious when I ride...my signals usually cut off before I'm entering my turn. I am a believer in signaling my intent. And I have one "manuever" on my way to work that results in a 4 lane change on the interstate with in a 3/4 mile stretch of road (enter on left side from I-295 to I-95 north merge) and exit on right...So I find myself having to repeatedly hit the signal button and keep focus on the traffic in front and beside me on right as I make the lane changes.

I will be doing this small mod before the summer is out to disable the auto-cancel. Need to get the other current items taken care of first in my limited free time right now

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I very rarely have left my turn signals on even though I use them religiously. I may have to try that solution in the other thread.

It is 213 feet (65 meters), at least for the 2010 model. They may have extended it in later models.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I had them on a Yamaha back in the late 70's .... they were on either for to long or to short depending on the turn circumstances .... I guess that's why most manufacturers don't run them. You would think that some 35 plus yrs later, someone would get it right..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts