·
Registered
173 Posts
Here in Sydney.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to meet you all. Know any cheap Aust places to get aftermarket stuff? Looking for an exhaust, maybe power commander. It seems the cheapest has been Amazon or eBay, but you end up almost doubling the price with shipping.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've either purchased my accessories from eBay, cruiser customs or other US sites that give a better price and shipping to here.
For instance, my cobra exhaust was $200+ cheaper purchased on eBay than thought MCAS.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am currently in Grafton in the Northern Rivers of NSW. My ride is a 2009 model VN2000 Classic LT. The only mods I have made are cosmetic such as a chrome radiator guard, chrome rectifier cover, Kuryakan grips, rear rack and a throttle lock and a Mustang wide touring seat. I ride as much as I can with a regular ride on Mondays called Mondayitis with a group called the Big River Riders.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah it seems that way. Interestingly I went to Tassie last year to go in the Make a Wish Foundation Poker Run with the Doghouse boy's and there were 5 V2K's there and all from around the Burnie area. I am thinking they got a group discount. Being here in Grafton I can bounce over the border cause havoc and bounce back before Newman's storm troopers realise it. If you feel like a ride with some like minded folk here is another forum in Aust that you might like http://www.auskawasakiriders.com/forum/ It is a bit quiet at the moment as forums tend to do from time to time They are a great bunch of people and we catch up from time to time. If you like going to the odd rally we also like to catch up at them as well. The most popular being The Rat's Arse, Rallyman at Grevillia, Imbil and the Thunder Rally at Kilcoy. If you have Facebook punch in Popeye Bob and you should find me.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
As an Aussie ( from Alice Springs) who has lived in Canada for the past 30 years, I feel your pain in getting well priced aftermarket accessories. I'm fortunate to be in the States on a weekly basis as well as my company has a office in the LA area. Seeing most suppliers offer free shipping with in the US, I get the stuff directly shipped to there.
Its still a lot cheaper there, than here in Canada even after factoring in the exchange rate.

Having returned home for Christmas 2013 for the first time since 2000, I was astounded at the prices you guys now have to pay for stuff. Yikes ....

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Looks like I'm on my own in Albany WA, just me & my 800 classic!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
In Sydney. .. 97 1500. Custom cruisers seems to be cheap for postage to aus..especially if it's a smallish package.
I've been looking at getting a kuryakyn hyper pro... cheapest here is will over 500.. priced it delivered from the states at 370 aus.
I've not found any local forums that seem to be up and running.

Be good if we had an Australian thread to keep in contact and discuss things.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Welcome Brad, I have a 2012 Nomad 1700 that I purchased 2 months ago. It had 2800 klms on it as the cocky who purchased it didn't ride as much as he thought he would. Now has 4600 on it with some bigger trips planned over the next few months. I have just done the air & a fuel controller so look forward to sharing ideas etc. There is also kawariders.com.au for oz.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts