Discussion Starter #1
hi anyone out there give me a call, new with a vuclan vn900se 09
need acc and aftermarket parts in Australia they are like hens teeth

·
Registered
143 Posts
You need to cop The shipping from the US to get what you want.

I have just bought a 2002 VN 800 Classic a few days ago and have got a few things over the net already at a fraction of the cost here.

you are caught between a rock and a hard place!

It would be nice just to pop out and buy the stuff you want with a bit of choice thrown in but the truth is anything you buy from OZ will cost more than from the US even after shipping charges.

Good luck

Den (Perth)

·
Registered
364 Posts
^^ What he said Villin ... Just check the postage costs before committing. any of the reputable sellers will give you a quick reply to e mails .. or stay up late and call ém on the phone ..

In aus try Z power .. a few of the larger dealers may stock some of the non bike specific stuff like mirrors pegs grips etc ..

Have fun with it mate .. they are a great bike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought aftermarket V&H pipes for my 09/10 Nomad,through a business called Morepower Racing in the US (found on the net) Got great service and saved hundreds even with shipping costs plus delivery direct to my door
Check it out
Scotty

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Sorry to reply so long after you posted but I thought a lot of new owners may benefit from this post

Sorry to say there aren't any, the dealers who want to do the right thing are held back by the importers. Eg I went to a good Kawasaki dealer for the chrome engine side plate $69 U.S. all day any day postage depends on who you buy from but normally between $25 - $45 U.S. He rang Kawasaki Australia while I was there they said no problems I would have it in 2 weeks or so. Australian Price? Well they just doubled the U.S. PRICE AND ADDED $29.00 aud for postage. :mad: Rear speakers for the Voyager $660 aud. U.S. $247 - $330 Thieving bastards. :skeleton:

Needless to say I have not bought anything from Australian Suppliers they can get stuffed. I now get everything from the U.S. I have saved hundreds

Go to the Vulcan 1700 thread in this forum and you will find all the U.S. dealers you want under the lead thread "accessories"

On another more positive note Harley Australia has just significantly reduced prices to close to U.S. prices so for some parts that may fit, so try them first I just bought a chrome luggage rack for $10 more then U.S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a quote for shipping from Bad Penny Customs which was ridiculous. Think they are in W.A. and I wanted the product shipped to Sydney, they quote more than double the shipping price from US to Sydney. Plus the parts were way more expensive. Good way to not get customers. Needless to say I bought from US. Meancycles were good and I would recommend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aussie afterrmarket

Hi all
Notice some are looking for "local" Kawasaki aftermarket parts.

Check out Google for "Z-Power," a company set up in Wollongong which posts out parts at a reasonable price but beware that some parts are on the dear side..Have had good service from them in the past
Good Luck
Scotty

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Hi all
Notice some are looking for "local" Kawasaki aftermarket parts.

Check out Google for "Z-Power," a company set up in Wollongong which posts out parts at a reasonable price but beware that some parts are on the dear side..Have had good service from them in the past
Good Luck
Scotty
They are now in Orange. Move around a bit, were in Newcastle, before moving to the 'Gong

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
They are now in Orange. Move around a bit, were in Newcastle, before moving to the 'Gong
They don't have listing for the 1700 series and I checked some of their prices, they are still shafting us. :mad: eg K/n Oil filter $29+ I go two for $25 from my mechanic.

I'm sorry to say Australian suppliers are their own worst enemy.

If there are any Australian suppliers on this forum please tell us why you charge so much, the dollar has been equal to or better then the American dollar for a few years now so old stock should be gone :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am affraid that buying any after market or original parts here in Aust is out of the question. I often get the "Why not spend your money here in Aust and support our dealers and Aussie jobs". Well all I have to say is I buy where I can get the best value for money. I have been forced into retirement and so money is not as plentiful as it once was. I am tired of being held to ransom by some of these suppliers and so shop overseas. I am currently restoring a Kawasaki Z1A and can get nearly all I need in the UK. If an Australian supplier can match the US or UK price rvrn with a reasonable markup then I will buy from them, unfortunately they can't/won't.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts