Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Speed

This is my entry for the BOTM.
It is my 2001 1500 Nomad. I bought it one year ago and I am the third owner. Since then I have added the V&H baggers, a breakaway cruise, a Wide Open fairing with stereo, a Clearview windshield , Chuckster's risers , Michelin tires and spoltlights. A friend of mine did the paint job and color matched the side covers and fairing perfectly.
It has 17,500 miles on it now and runs like a dream. So far I have the stock seat on it and when the wife is not riding, I take the backrest off to give it a better look.
Been riding Kaw's since I was 16. I have owned 3 Kz1000's, a '01 Concours and a '03 ZRX1200R. Decided I would try a cruiser for a while and I love the Nomad. Very comfortable ride and surprisingly it handles the twisties very well, probably better than my old ZRX truth be told.
I hope you like it!
Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the faring. I have a 07 1600 classic that I'm thinking about adding a faring to. My bike is the same color. It gives me a good idea of what mine would look like. Let the good times roll.:)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Nice scoot Bill! Congrats!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks guys, I am proud of the way she turned out. Get the fairing, mr president, you will love it. Great wind protection for you and passenger and in my case great hand protection on cold days.
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts