Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in about 2 weeks I will be in the air heading to Fort Worth TX. What are some neat attractions. I have a 3 year old daughter so there will be some family events going on. I have never been and by looking online there seems to be so much stuff to filter through and all advertisement says their place is the best place to go. I already have the Stock yards on my list of things to do and possibly NRH20 if it the sun is not too intense. Also my wife's aunt lives there so we will have a sitter for some adult time too so a few ideas there would be good too.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
SWVA_08V2k,
You picked a HOT time of year to come down! So NRH20 would probably be a good Idea!
The Fort Worth zoo is ranked no. 5 in the nation; there is a mini-train just outside the zoo that my son used to love.
If you are looking for a little more culture the Kimball art museum and the Bass performance Hall are top notch.
With just a short drive, Arlington has six flags over TX, and the cowboy stadium.

We have Billy Bob's and Sundance square (named after the Sundance Kid) for your adult entertainment. Check out the Pour house and the Flying Saucer.

If I think of anything that is a must see, I will add later.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The art museum sounds like a good idea. I am a wide appreciation of most things. I thought about hitting one of the aviation museums. All 3 of us are motor heads. Bike, Cars, Trucks, plane, train don't matter. I am just an ole Appalachian Mountain hillbilly so I will be a bit out of my element on temp even though this past weekend I rode in 107 degree heat. (Not Normal for here). We also like trying all the local places to eat and not the big name places. So any recommendations on local dives would be good too.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Little Germany is a small dive near downtown. The building looks small and ugly, but they have very good food.
Primas Pasta is south of town, the building they are in used to be a fast food place. They have the best Italian food. It is family owned and BYOB, you can pick up bottle of wine or a six pack at the liquor store in the same parking lot.
Angelo's BBQ is good
El Fenix is a pretty good place for TexMex.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts