Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an online order with 'MeanCycles' in USA on December 3 last year for a set of handlebar risers.

They still have not arrived to me in Australia.

I have taken the XMAS period into account and I have even received parts from USA ordered after this time in this recent period of time.

I have emailed them numerous times - without any reply.

The MeanCylces orderID number is 93164.

Hoping someone from USA can make a call to them on my behalf and enquire about delivery status, tracking number and name of postal company used.

Thanks in advance.

Romper

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just received an email today from them.

They stated that the manufacturer was delayed on production and my order was shipped today.

mmmmmmmm. Taken them 1 month to advise me this.....??? Be wary of this mob.

Romper

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I had to contact a US based supplier, I called them through Skype. Skype calls to real phones are pretty clear and cost very little.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just received an email today from them.

They stated that the manufacturer was delayed on production and my order was shipped today.

mmmmmmmm. Taken them 1 month to advise me this.....??? Be wary of this mob.

Romper
Four minutes between your 1st and 2nd post.....they emailed you in that four minute window? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, that is correct. As 'MeanCycles' are a sponsor on this site, I suspect one of 4 things happened:

i) A Meancycles rep was on site at the same time when i posted the original post and finally felt the need to respond.

ii) A Forum member had emailed MeanCycles the link of this thread and responded accordingly..

iii) Meancycles has some form of 'keyword' alarm on this site so that whenever their name is stated on this site, the alarm is triggered with automatic notification to a company rep (via mobile phone)...

iv) Perhaps just a coincidence at the time of finally receiving an emailed response....

In any case, it is amazing what happens when a company (especially a forum sponsor) gets a bit of airplay on the world stage.....

Either way, this form of subtle escalation seems effective - try it one day... :cool:

Romper

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I have ordered thousands .... yes, thousands of $$$'s from meancycles and never had an issue ... they are my preferred dealer of choice for price and product availability .... and I never had an issue. Sometimes things just happen ... manufactures offer wrong delivery dates, projections ( ah la scootworks) etc .... sometimes bad things happen to good companies .... keep the faith, but I am disturbed that they did not respond to your emails. Over here, a lot of companies shut down between the xmas and the new year, not saying they did, but on the manufacturing side ... maybe ... I always send them an email before ordering to check on availability before placing the actual order.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Sometimes things fall between the cracks,But I bet an email to keep you in the loop would have been very welcome.
It is an awful feel not knowing if you will ever see your parts.
I must admit that I have been guilty of the same thing a few years ago when I was selling parts online.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had similar issues with another forum sponsor. It was eventually all sorted but it took a while. That's the penalty we face not being in the USA where most of this stuff is sold from.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had similar issues with another forum sponsor. It was eventually all sorted but it took a while. That's the penalty we face not being in the USA where most of this stuff is sold from.
There are quite a few Aussies on here now.

I asked a while back about getting a discussion area for us but was knocked back. I may start a group of FB before long instead. Just a place where we can talk about the best Aussie suppliers and and various Aussie regulations we have to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those handlebar risers i ordered on Dec 3 last year have finally arrived today.

only 6 weeks later.

Romper

·
Registered
143 Posts
those handlebar risers i ordered on Dec 3 last year have finally arrived today.

only 6 weeks later.

Romper
Whoops... that took a while...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts