Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely the best sounding aftermarket, IMHO. I’m very happy with mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome!! Did you get to take it out yet? Wish they'd have sent their badging loose and let the customer decide if they want to put it on. Feel like it takes away from the look somewhat....

·
Registered
904 Posts
To each his own, but none of those aftermarket exhausts look or sound any good to me. I hate that bappity-bappity, spitting & cracking sound. Just annoying and tiring. What’s with all the hideous header pipe welds and all the rivets? I thought this was the most expensive exhaust?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
uh huh

Really love the headers , they probably nudge up the ponies a little. Personally I like the badge. Really liked the way that they used a circlip to hold in the baffle, much simpler than on my Danmoto.. I do like the sound , Probably the only flaw with it is the $$$$$, :surprise::grin2:
No sounds really goood, Great idea to film a professional mechanic doing the install:grin2::grin2::grin2:,
What radiator guard do you have on the scooter looks like an Evotech,
anyway it is a nice civilized exhaust. nice job . Ride Safe:devil2:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
While it is true that all exhausts on this Parallel twin won't sound anything like a rumble on a Harley this Arrow Rebel is hands down the best looking and as far as the Vulcan S goes the best sounding aftermarket exhaust. In the scheme of things it really isn't even that expensive. Just under 700 dollars delivered via Fed Ex from Europe. That isn't all that bad. The Two Brothers is just as expensive and I think it is one of the worst exhausts in sound and looks only second to the Danmoto (Sorry Bearman :grin2: ) This isn't the most expensive exhaust out there for the S. There is a German system called the Matador Miller which is about twice as much and it does sound very nice but I don't care for the looks. Just checked the price on the Matador II exhaust for the Vulcan S. Shipped to the US it's 931 Euro or roughly 1065 USD About 370 Dollars higher than the Arrow Rebel. One reason this exhaust is quieter than the Arrow Rebel or others is because the Matador II does include a Catalytic Converter and complies with all European Norm 3 regulations and is Swiss Tested and approved.

Anyway, I do like the Arrow Rebel a lot and if I don't sell my bike I may actually swap over from the Delkevic to the Arrow Rebel in the spring. :wink2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I thought the arrow was the most expensive, my bad. I can’t stand the look of any of those aftermarket pipes, but the Delkevic slash cut is not too bad. As for sound, no, just no. If anyone’s looking for a V-twin Sound, then go buy a V-twin. I’ve got one and the Vulcan S will never sound like that, not even close.
Kawasaki actually did a decent job of changing the exhaust sound on the 650 twin for the KVS from what it sounds like on the Ninja. The KVS has a fuller sound and is deeper, not the high pitched whine like the Ninja has.

·
Registered
904 Posts
While it is true that all exhausts on this Parallel twin won't sound anything like a rumble on a Harley this Arrow Rebel is hands down the best looking and as far as the Vulcan S goes the best sounding aftermarket exhaust. In the scheme of things it really isn't even that expensive. Just under 700 dollars delivered via Fed Ex from Europe. That isn't all that bad. The Two Brothers is just as expensive and I think it is one of the worst exhausts in sound and looks only second to the Danmoto (Sorry Bearman /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png ) This isn't the most expensive exhaust out there for the S. There is a German system called the Matador Miller which is about twice as much and it does sound very nice but I don't care for the looks. Just checked the price on the Matador II exhaust for the Vulcan S. Shipped to the US it's 931 Euro or roughly 1065 USD About 370 Dollars higher than the Arrow Rebel. One reason this exhaust is quieter than the Arrow Rebel or others is because the Matador II does include a Catalytic Converter and complies with all European Norm 3 regulations and is Swiss Tested and approved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Q5Mv-C4U8

Anyway, I do like the Arrow Rebel a lot and if I don't sell my bike I may actually swap over from the Delkevic to the Arrow Rebel in the spring. /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Wow! Now that’s an exhaust! That Matador Miller actually sounds good! A nice, lower sound. I didn’t know it exsisted. Looks awesome. The black slash cut is nice. And it will clear the rear spools. Too bad about the price? It would cost me about $1500 to buy, about 1/4 of the price I paid for the bike. Too bad :(Not happening. The best exhaust I’ve seen yet however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any audio clips of before and after removing the db killer on the Arrow Rebel?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Two weeks in and loving the Arrow Rebel even more than before![/QUOTE

Hey Jet, am thinking about getting the rebel. Found this one for a reasonable price. Do you (or anyone) know if it will fit the 2015? Also I have a booster plug, will that suffice or am going to need a power commander? http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/arrow-74505rb-rebel-exhaust.html

That is a GREAT price. Jump on it. I thought I got a deal at $690.. and it was well worth it at that. Just put mine on LOVE it. Yes the Danmoto satisfied my Dyno needs but I am much happier with the Arrow. So I lose a pony or so I removed the Db killer and it is still quieter and sound deeper than the Danmoto.
I have the Boosterplug and it is working fine on the Goblin with the new Arrow. Since you are getting such a deal go ahead and buy a spring puller .like Motion Pro has, you have to get under the shifter side to put the 3 spring on and mine REALLY helped. The only downside is a Pit Bull forward handle stand cannot be used with the Arrow. its just too long. :surprise:

·
Registered
123 Posts
taking a closer look, I believe it's only the exhaust, you then have to by the "collector" for another 400 bucks ;)

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Indy tom sent me this link and It was $690 with shipping . The only difference in the years is that the newer ( I think 2016 and forward) is the catalytic converter model and more $$$$$.

https://www.wrs.it/en/full-exhaust/63925-complete-exhaust-system-arrow-rebel-inox-fondello-carbonio-kawasaki-vulcan-s-650-2014-2015-8019799077607.html

You are correct. All European Models have to be Euro 4 compliant as per the 2016 Model year which among other things means that all Exhausts have to have a Catalytic Converter even the Aftermarket ones. But since we here in the US could care less about the environment we don't need the Catalytic converter on our bikes. So the less expensive exhaust will be just fine.
That is the cheapest place I have found the Arrow Rebel. Rates will change with the currency exchange rate which I think at the moment is pretty favorable.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
taking a closer look, I believe it's only the exhaust, you then have to by the "collector" for another 400 bucks ;)
Nope, this is the Complete Exhaust including header pipe and Muffler. They do sell more expensive exhaust for 2016+ bikes which include the Catalytic converter which you can also opt for but is not necessary for the US market.

https://www.wrs.it/en/full-exhaust/63925-complete-exhaust-system-arrow-rebel-inox-fondello-carbonio-kawasaki-vulcan-s-650-2014-2015-8019799077607.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks Tom. I ordered it from WRS (the one from accessory international was not a full system).

Am getting my seat redone (locally by a guy who does a LOT of seat work) and a new exhaust :smile-big: , I am pretty excited. I think I may have more in invested in customization than I do in what I paid for the bike itself :bulgy-eyes: . Good thing I LOVE my bike and am sure to love it more after this.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts