Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if the plastic pieces on the 900 are painted or just colored plastic? I know the fenders and side panels are plastic as well as other parts, but I am wondering if the fenders and and side panels are actually painted pieces or if the plastics are molded to those colors? Anyone know for sure?

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I'm asking is that I'm about to undergo another transformation of my 900 which will include a pretty sic paint job. I know that if the plastics aren't painted and they are just molded the color of the bike's tank paint then I'll need to use adhesion promoter prior to paint. If they are painted pieces then the promoter isn't required and would save me some money in supplies. Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Painted. My front fender has a spot scuffed down to the raw plastic...definitely painted.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Seawolf. I priced out the paint supplied I might need and the adhesion promoter added about $80 to the final price which for 3 relatively small pieces, I'd rather not have to spend that extra. Since they are painted, I'm left to assume that they are single stage paint and not base/clear combo right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pretty sure they are base and clear. I wouldn't order from color rite. I made that mistake and wasted $250.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info guys. Makes me feel a little better about cost issues. Although I keep changing my mind on color scheme. Do I go 2 tone, graphics, solid color, etc. Oh decisions decisions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts