Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for anyone who may know....does the belts on the 09 and 11 vulcan custom se's the same? Want to purchase an 09 belt and use it on my 2011 custom.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Just a quick question for anyone who may know....does the belts on the 09 and 11 vulcan custom se's the same? Want to purchase an 09 belt and use it on my 2011 custom.
How many people do you need to hear this from? I looked it up for you twice on the other thread you started and you received the same answer over there from others. Why not do some of this yourself?
You think an '09 belt that is the exact same part number as an '11 belt is going to be prettier or something? What's up with you?:mad:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I believe that's called trolling Pac.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I believe that's called trolling Pac.
But why. Do you call a parts house and ask for a certain part number, but then tell them you want the oldest, dustiest, belt made in '09 so it's already well started into dry rot?
"Yeah, just make sure you don't send me a nice fresh belt that was just manufactured last week!"
Sheesh!:mad:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
But why. Do you call a parts house and ask for a certain part number, but then tell them you want the oldest, dustiest, belt made in '09 so it's already well started into dry rot?
"Yeah, just make sure you don't send me a nice fresh belt that was just manufactured last week!"
Sheesh!:mad:
That made me think about a starter I got for my 77 Mustang II once. This was around 2003 or so. Ford had switched flywheels in mid-year 77. They were the same size but different tooth configuration. Well All of the parts stores only carried the newer starter and I finally ended up at my local NAPA store and they looked it up on their computer and told me the same thing. Then my buddy that works out there (he has worked out there for 15 years or so at the time). He told me to wait and went to the back and pulled out the dustiest nastiest box I had ever seen at a parts store and tole me that this starter has been laying back there ever since he started there. He tested it and it worked at let me have it for $20. For once I actually wanted the oldest, dustiest part they had.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
That made me think about a starter I got for my 77 Mustang II once. This was around 2003 or so. Ford had switched flywheels in mid-year 77. They were the same size but different tooth configuration. Well All of the parts stores only carried the newer starter and I finally ended up at my local NAPA store and they looked it up on their computer and told me the same thing. Then my buddy that works out there (he has worked out there for 15 years or so at the time). He told me to wait and went to the back and pulled out the dustiest nastiest box I had ever seen at a parts store and tole me that this starter has been laying back there ever since he started there. He tested it and it worked at let me have it for $20. For once I actually wanted the oldest, dustiest part they had.
Good story! What doesn't make sense though is why, if a Mustang II died, you'd want to resurrect it? Just kidding!:D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Good story! What doesn't make sense though is why, if a Mustang II died, you'd want to resurrect it? Just kidding!:D
HA HA HA. You mean my glorified pinto. This is not the first time I herd that. I was 15 when I got it because I could afford to buy it but could not hardly afford to fix it every weekend. It was a white and blue "Cobra II". What I thought at the time was fixing a cool old car turned out to be like resurrecting your dead cat in "Pet Cemetery".

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
That car didn't even help Charlie's Angels image!
I had a '93 5.0, 5-speed convertible, for a while, but almost never drove it. I bought it new, but sold around five years later with about 4000 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That car didn't even help Charlie's Angels image!
I had a '93 5.0, 5-speed convertible, for a while, but almost never drove it. I bought it new, but sold around five years later with about 4000 miles on it.
I believe it's time on Charlie's Angels was its only time in the positive light. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts