Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone who grew up in the arcades of the 80's & 90's, pumping quarter after quarter into those damn machines, you're gonna love this. There's a company coming out with 3/4 size home arcade cabinets. They look and play just like the old 6 feet tall CRT units, only they are 4 feet tall and use an LCD. I swear I squealed like a little girl when I saw these. I already ordered the Street Fighter II model. It'll be here at the end of September. MSRP is $399, but wally world is taking pre-orders for $299.

https://www.arcade1up.com/

There's a bunch of videos on YouTube about them if you want more detailed info. Here's a good one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
me too, but the game i really grooved on was older by far. zaxxon, the first 3-d game. at the local arcade i would go there on my lunch break. they had a monthly contest, highest score won a roll of quarters. i would get these insanely high scores, way higher than the others. then some time over the last few days someone would come and beat my score, and take the prize. after it happened several times in a row, i ended up trying to catch the guy, just to see who the other kid was, who was better than me. turned out to be some middle aged, 3 piece suit guy. i was surprised, i didn't expect that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me too, but the game i really grooved on was older by far. zaxxon, the first 3-d game. at the local arcade i would go there on my lunch break. they had a monthly contest, highest score won a roll of quarters. i would get these insanely high scores, way higher than the others. then some time over the last few days someone would come and beat my score, and take the prize. after it happened several times in a row, i ended up trying to catch the guy, just to see who the other kid was, who was better than me. turned out to be some middle aged, 3 piece suit guy. i was surprised, i didn't expect that.

I like this site when I'm feeling nostalgic for the good 'ole days. Lots of good games on there.

https://archive.org/details/arcade_zaxxon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts