Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats rosebud!

I picked up this 06 vulcan a little over a year ago, and been tweekin, and printin in my spare time.

Mods: quite a few, lets see. PCIII fully mapped after each mod. Cobra longs w/o baffels, removed cross over chamber (Much better sound), and fabbed inverted cones to get some back pressure back (Lots of trial and error). Intake polished, and little something extra to induct air that I'll keep secret for now. LOL Still looks stock. Thinking about going back to baggers, so I can drop another 1.5 inches.

Initial paint and graphics, but still working on it. A little chrome here and there. I dress it up and down depending on the ride. Cruising around town, or the open road. I use this bike for the iron butt rides.

Current working on bat wing (w/ electronics) and custom lower fairing w/ scoop. (Again back to more induction. What can I say "torque , and speed junkie.") Then she's getting fresh paint and graphics (air brush this time).

Future: Little more chrome, LED's. Then probably on to the next project.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nope. Black. A really deep black. Lots of clear, polishes up really nice.

Too all, thanks for the votes.

Moto Mez, nice chop. I'm in S'port a lot. Grew up there. Ride with my pops (he's still there). Maybe I'll see ya there.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Must've been the fluorescent lights at work. On my home computer it does look black. If you say so. I like a paint job with lots of clear. Heavy clear is what makes the Mercedes look so great. Some of the better clear coats look like they are at least ¼" thick

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congratulations!!! It is a beautiful bike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Again, To all thanks for the votes. Gonna get up in the morning, and head out for the Smokies for a couple of weeks. Blue ridge, the dragon, and so forth. Looking forward to the ride. See ya on the road, and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where did you get drivers back rest?

I have a stock 06 1500 Vulcan Anniversary Classic. Where did you get the drivers seat backrest? Do you have the stock seat, or did you get a new seat with the back rest?

·
Registered
23 Posts
back rest

I have a stock 06 1500 Vulcan Anniversary Classic. Where did you get the drivers seat backrest? Do you have the stock seat, or did you get a new seat with the back rest?
Back rest is a "Bakup" back rest. I believe it was a direct bolt up for a VTX. I had it around, and modified the bracket to fit on to this vulcan. Bent the bracket backwards and cut a slot for the factory seat bracket to slip through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts