Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats ronc09!! :D

Year:2007
Model:900 custom
Eng Size:903cc
Pipes:Vance & Hines Slashcut Staggered
Accessories: Iso Flame Grips, Irate Customs flame radiator cover, Cobra FI2000R Fuel Controler
The Story:I had finally talked the wife into getting my first motorcycle but I wasnt sure exactly what I wanted. One day after work I stopped to look at a shop near where I worked and fell in love with the 900 custom they had on the floor. however being my first bike I was looking for something a little smaller and less expensive. So I went home and told the wife about it. We agreed it was to much money as it was brand new and a little too big. The next weekend the wife and I went to a yamaha shop to look at the v-star 650. while I was talking to the salesman the wife says hey I really like this one. I turn around and there is a used 900 custom she is sitting on. Now she had never seen the 900 I had just told her about so to her surprise it was the exact bike I had talked about. So for $100 less the the price of the 650 I got the 900 with only 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats! Great looking bike!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Always better when you get the wife to sign off on it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
bike

Nice bike man. I don't think it's too big! My first bike was a 76 z1 900. Soooo not too big! Good luck with it!

later, Boots

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations! You and your wife will love this bike. They are very balanced with two aboard and they handle very well. My son has one and I'm very impressed by how easy it is to ride. Good Luck and Safe riding!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Pretty, pretty, pretty scoot! Congratulations, and welcome to your new addiction... you're going to have a wonderful time. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Babington style waste oil heater pumps

The cam gear pump works fine for filtered WVO or used motor oil Babington heaters and I have installed it on my Babington style heaters. Ldu Company's stock number is 450516 , The only thing about the cam gear pump is that the fire kind of pulses as the cam gear rotates. If you use the spur gear pump that is LDU's stock number 450512 then you get a steady non-pulsing fire. The WVO pump website is http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/oilpump_1.htm or you can click through to the tools section from the home page at www.LDUcompany.com

LDU Company also has other parts that I use for building my waste oil burners, like gear reduction motors. I find it best to turn the pump slower because you really don't need a whole lot of oil dripping on the atomizer ball.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts