Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put ape hangers on their v2k? If so, what size and do you have any pics? what all did you have to change? IE cables and wires.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
ive thought about this toio, but with the big ass headlight on the 05 i have, i thought it wouldnt look to great. now the classic headlight would be a different story.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
hanging out w/kin... swinging from the trees?

Anyone put ape hangers on their v2k? If so, what size and do you have any pics? what all did you have to change? IE cables and wires.....
cam'rs, a number of folks have installed up to 4" risers with thier stock bars and cables. So I would imagine if you did the mini-apes.. 8-10" most rise, you would have no issues w/stock cables, etc. Also some have routed thier clutch (and throttle?) cables behind the upper triple tree to buy a little xtry wiggle room. 12-16" rise is the more standard Ape Hanger.

I am looking for either a 8-10" rise/pull back sweeper bar or adapting this "punisher" bar I had on my roadstar. It has a 4"(100mm) bolt pattern and the kaws use a 3.5" triple tree. So some alum weld filler and redrill would need be done. not sure am ready for that kinda surgery... yet? out, ponch

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is only my personal opinion, but I just cant see ape hangers on a V2K. Maybe if you have the classic but I just dont think it would look good. The bike is too big and I dont think it goes with this style bike. Ape hangers seem to look better on a smaller, thinner, bobbed out bike. Sorry, not for me. Maybe risers with a short version like ponch said would be O.K.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
knarley bars for a knarley bike... dude

Ape hangers seem to look better on a smaller, thinner, bobbed out bike. Maybe risers with a short version like ponch said would be O.K.
there are some hangers that are kNaRley. This skooter can be slimmed. Get rid of all that fat lady leggins tin and show a little leg. These pix are when I slammed the front door, 1.5"= power steering. today am back to cruise mode. but it was fun as heck plowing thru the twisties with this monster rig. Sometimes you just got to try something different just to see if it worx... or not? out, ponch i guess i do that a lot

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
knarley bars

Poncho, I like!! I ask you: info for handle bars, make , size, mods required??? THanks.. :)
sixguns, check out www.phatperformanceparts.com they have a substantial list of bars that might suite you. dont limit your research to v2k. look at all the hd stuff. kaw uses the same 3.5" knurl centers as hd. Also, get yer a hd parts book from any dealer.. theyr free just for the asking. in it are all the sizes and dimensions of every bar they sell... all 500 or more. there are endless list of bars and specialty companies. you have your homework assignment, now off to it dude. pay attention, there will be a test. out, ponch

·
Registered
305 Posts
there are some hangers that are kNaRley. This skooter can be slimmed. Get rid of all that fat lady leggins tin and show a little leg. These pix are when I slammed the front door, 1.5"= power steering. today am back to cruise mode. but it was fun as heck plowing thru the twisties with this monster rig. Sometimes you just got to try something different just to see if it worx... or not? out, ponch i guess i do that a lot
Ponch, I like those bars but I do not consider them to be ape hangers. When I think of ape hangers, I think about your hands being up over your head when your riding. Just having bars that are raised up 8 to 10 inches are nice.:cool:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
stock bars for $50

Ponch, I like those bars but I do not consider them to be ape hangers. When I think of ape hangers, I think about your hands being up over your head when your riding. Just having bars that are raised up 8 to 10 inches are nice.:cool:
bigmac, those bars in the pic are standard electraglide wide bars to fit that fairing. nothing special about them. They cause me to reach forward and were fine when I was doing canyon carve work. now I am looking for a bar to come back to me as this rig is being refitted for cruise mode. I checked out some sweeper bars this weekend at "hogalley" but thought they where too low. I want a 10" rise/pull back w/handles at right angles not swept. I dont like how the stock v2k bars angle my wrist. my job is to find the right bars... or make that punisher work. I had it on the roadstar and it was muey comfy. it just covered the keyswitch on that bike and made it hard to get at. not so on this one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
is that you.

Heh,PONCH who"s that sitting on your bike???

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Heh,PONCH who"s that sitting on your bike???
not me, Im much better looking.;) That's my salesman Frank, long lost cousin of che guevara. I told him if he sells a million he can have that bike.:D he has his eye on that italian eagle more so.:cool: but he has two little girls and I wont let him ride it.:( but he can sit on it anytime he wants and go vroom, vroom.:) out, ponch

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
find waldo?

Che Guevara huh..well i"m glad he has you to straighten him out, and show him the vertues of capitalizem.is that a goose ?
here I thought Id have more pix of the young lad. find waldo(frank'ster) in the pix of our new austin, tx store. He and I run the joint. its our #3 store opened xmas 08. still a new baby getting her feet.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
B'ooty is in the eye of the bear... bee'r holder

GEE.... those are really nice boxes you and frank sell,why do you keep showing pictures of that ugly bike;),is that a goose
no thanks, I'll just be ponch if you dont mind. one frank is 'nuff. and he likes that goose. as do a number of fella's roun' here. it is you 'nique being italian n such. ther be lots o r2 beemers, but only a couple of italian stalions in the canyons. it is a fun bike. I rigged the fairing so I can ride it longer. dropped the front and rear 1". switched out bars and that can is really sweet. I will be running her more as the redbear'n is going under the knife this week and the goose is on duty. here is 'nother pic for you to drool over. out, ponch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts