Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing 16" apes w/ internal wiring on 07 V2K classic Lt... everything works :)... however I'm not pleased with the looseness on the pull part of the trottle cable.... is there a way to tighten this up? TIA :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Something is not right. My Barnett's had no issues.
I presume you fiddled with the adjuster on it and still not tight enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Paul Idid, the action of the throttle is good, it's the looseness of the cable ( the chrome bend area that comes from the housing ) thats seems to be loose, however my buddy has a Mean Streak and his is the same....just dosen't seem right?? :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunatly I don't know how to upload a picture, :( if I could I would post before & after pics... anyone???? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Click the "Post Reply" button.
In the "Reply to Thread" window, type the text part of your message. Then scroll down to "Additional Options". You'll see "Attach Files". Click on "Manage Attachments".
When the Attachment window opens, click "Browse". Locate your photo image file and click "Open". Now click "Upload".
Now the file name should appear in the window labeled "Current Attachments".
Click "Close this Window" and then click "Submit Reply".

Photo uploading post

This should help:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hers a try for a pic.. sorry that the new pic is without bags... and the bike is in the basement.. if you would like different views ... well let me kmow... thanks for all the help out there...I couldn't have done it with out it.. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wow, six! That is a sweet looking bike. I really like the color scheme and the way the bags match the contour of the rear fender. Very Nice!

Sorry, can't help with your throttle cable problem. :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Also dig the colour combo. Never seen that before.
Your front brake lines.
Are they the duel from the master straight down to the calipers or is it the single that branches off
to two under the triple tree ?
Can't tell from the pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paul, duel from the master cyl. In hindsight, I would have preferred single and branch after... too many cables for my likin'.. :eek: too late now :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Paul, duel from the master cyl. In hindsight, I would have preferred single and branch after... too many cables for my likin'.. :eek: too late now :)
That was the main reason why I went with the Galfer series.

Upside though is that they will be a lot easier to bleed.
I had the same set-up on my previous Yami bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the bags! I'm tired of leather bags. I think I would've tilted the apes just a little more forward, just so they're almost straight up...but that's just me. I have the old 2004, with the ugly nacelle headlight, and the windshield. Don't think it'd work without a lot of cosmetic alterations.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts