Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my bike and it has a windshield mounting setup on it. It has gray rubber grommets and the bracket goes under the headlight mounting bracket. I am trying to figure out if it was a stock shield(is there even such a thing) or an add on. If I can figure out what it is maybe a can buy a shield without having to buy the whole setup if I don't have to. And would anybody know if another brand will matchup if it is a Kawi windsheild>

·
Registered
224 Posts
only vulcans I know that come with a stock kawasaki windshield are the LT's. If you have a stock classic they don't come with a windshield(I have an '06 900 classic,but added the big Kawasaki windshield/brackets) It would be hard to tell what aftermarket windshield set up you have without pics...maybe someone here could identify the bracket/grommet setup you described from them.Good Luck!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would suggest taking good photos of the mounts on your bike and submitting them to the support folks at Memphis Shades to see if it is one of their mounts and if it is, ask what you'd need to complete the mount and which of their windshields would work with it.

If you're thinking that you'd like a fairing, you could also ask them if your mount would work with one of their fairings.

Kerry

·
Registered
424 Posts
That is indeed a Memphis Shades Fats, Looks to be 21 inch wind screen and trigger lock mounting hardware. The Batwing Fairing uses the same mounting. Have one on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Those are Memphis Shades Trigger locks (just put those on my bike with a speed demon windshield). They list for about $142.00 so if you have them great deal as you can mount just about all the Memphis Shades windshields & bat wing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have to agree. Memphis Shades trigger lock setup. Have the same gradient black windshield on my bike.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking at the Memphis shades site I believe you guys are correct. That helps alot as I don't have to buy a mount. Fyre I don't have the windshield never got it when I bought the bike I was told it was broken in as accident. Still after looking I would like to have the plates that mount to the shield itself but I will run with what I have. I didn't know the batwing fairing used the same setup. I wasn't really thinking of that fairing but I can see it if I take longer rides/vacation on the bike. Thanks guys for the input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I meant the windshield on the bike you found the pics of. I was thinking of the batwing myself. Just don't know if I want to spend the money yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts