Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for tinted goggles to wear over my prescription glasses. My glasses measure 5.25" from hinge-to-hinge (outermost) and are 1.25" tall.

My budget is $60.00 max drive-out. I'm leaning towards Bobster Phoenix (cuz they come with interchangeable lenses): [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bobster-Phoenix-Sunglasses-Lenses-Smoked/dp/B001C5O9P4[/ame]

...or the Airflow 9300's cuz they seem to get a lot of good reviews: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Coast-Airfoil-Glasses-Goggles/dp/B000GU3EB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404860876&sr=8-1&keywords=airfoil+9300[/ame]

Any suggestions/advice/warnings would be welcomed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been looking for goggles too. The airflow look goo I had my lenses extended to 1.5" which works great for reading. I am having a hard time finding something that fits and comes with a clear lenses in addition to the smoked one. Right now I have a half helmet which has a drop down smoked visor. At night I wear my 3/4 which has a full visor. Would love to wear my halfer all summer......The hunt continues.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
This doesn't help, but 7-8 years ago, with a new prescription in hand, I searched for glasses that wrapped around my face, like modern sun/safety glasses.I told people I wanted transition lenses. They all laughed, said I'd look stupid indoors with those on. A year or two later a tv shows started called Sons of Anarchy. The characters on that show were wearing those same glasses I wanted.
I ended up buying a prescription pair of sun glasses like I wanted and a leather glasses pouch for the inside of my windshield.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Can't go wrong with WileyX glasses with prescriptions and transition lenses. My insurance even covered them from the Optical place I get my eye exams at as well. Worth a look! I also used these goggles (link below) a couple times but just weren't for me. They did work OK tho the 1 time I needed them in the rain, before I got the WileyX glasses. I also got a pair of RayBan prescription sunglasses (non-transition) from the Optical place (also covered under insurance). Lotsa options out there. nly with the insurance can you get by cheap tho for those options, besides the goggles of course.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C5O9P4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the goggles and would be willing to sell them. If you are interested PM me. The are in new condition.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not OTG but I ordered a pair (actually two pair) of prescription goggles from Zenni Optical. I got one pair with almost clear lenses and one as dark as I could get them. They cost about $28 per. I wear progressive trifocals (yes I am old) but with these goggle I found that the single distance prescription works well. I just have to take them off if I am trying to read something within a foot of my face.

If you decide to go this route you will need your prescription and pupillary distance from the eye doctor. Just order online. Takes about 2 weeks to get them.

They do come with a nice case which I use to put my regular glasses in and throw in my saddle bags while riding.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't go wrong with WileyX glasses with prescriptions and transition lenses. My insurance even covered them from the Optical place I get my eye exams at as well. Worth a look! I also used these goggles (link below) a couple times but just weren't for me. They did work OK tho the 1 time I needed them in the rain, before I got the WileyX glasses. I also got a pair of RayBan prescription sunglasses (non-transition) from the Optical place (also covered under insurance). Lotsa options out there. nly with the insurance can you get by cheap tho for those options, besides the goggles of course.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C5O9P4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the goggles and would be willing to sell them. If you are interested PM me. The are in new condition.
Sounds good! PM sent!!

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Sounds good! PM sent!!
Here's some pics. PM sent back to you. Only clear lens was used once. New condition with no scratches or blemishes. $25 shipped. PM me again and i can give you the email address to use for paypal transaction if you want them. Or I can put them on ebay, or you can get them from Amazon. Let me know, Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
OTG Option

Personally, I don't care for goggles. However, I have found Astro OTG 3001 Safety Glasses, from Uvex, work perfectly over my everyday Aviator-style glasses (~5 9/16" x 2 1/16").

I have one pair with sunglasses (Grey) lens and another pair with Clear lens for low-light conditions. 15% Visible Light Transmission (VLT) for the Grey lens and 92% VLT for the Clear lens. Both the Grey & the Clear are rated at 99.9% UV absorption.

They're adjustable and fit well, provide excellent protection yet allow air flow, scratch & fogging resistant, reasonably priced (~$13.00 w/S&H for a pair) and can be ordered from many safetly supply outlets (Cooper Safety Supply, JB Tool Sales, etc.).

Uvex are considered the top-of-the-line in eye protection by many industry safety professionals.

I just put them on over my regular glasses, strap on my Vega Half-helmet, and I'm good to go. No blinding rock or bug-eye yet, and I've worn them for years. Granted, they're not what I would call hyper-stylish (they're OTG's, so what can you expect?), but they do the job very well without costing an arm and a leg.

No - I don't work for Uvex - I just really like and strongly recommend them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Take a look at these.
I bought a pair, they fit over my rx glasses, they seal well, and the lenses switch easily.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive got the Phoenix Bobster OTG's. My only real complaint would be lack of peripheral vision. That and my eyes sweat a bit around the seal of them. They look great tho. My glasses are 5.25" wide, i think any larger might be pushing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts