Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a practical tail bag that I can throw my laptop I'm when headed to work but also to use it outside of work. Wondering if anyone has ordered one yet and how it's been. Here it is:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Saddlemen-TS1620S-Tunnel-Tail-Bag/dp/B0041QDVK0/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Kawasaki%7C729&Model=VN1700%20Vulcan%201700%20Classic%7C20196&Year=2012%7C2012&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=motorcycle[/ame]

I think it would be a good fit on the 1700 classic especially since I have a Nomad oem backrest on it so the angle and structure of this bag would tuck in nicely between the handle.

Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Tail bags are great. I used to have a saddleman bag but I sold it when I added a top case (Harley King TourPak) to my bike; much more convenient to just throw my briefcase or leather laptop bag in there. The saddleman bag was nice though because it also had a shoulder strap, so I could just throw it over my shoulder and carry it wherever.

Just make SURE it's waterproof! Would really stink to get caught in a surprise shower and ruin a laptop! Sounds like that one comes with a rain cover. Same as the one I had (that might even be the same one, not sure). Never did test it out in the rain though! Only had it a short time before I decided to go the tour pak route.

That might be an option for you too, by the way; albeit a bigger investment. A top case big enough for a laptop sure is nice! Though you'd probably want hard bags as well, at least I think a top case with soft bags or no bags looks goofy!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the top case also.
And,I am shopping for some hardcases, just haven't made my mind up yet.

This seems to be a nice case for 100bucks to secure the laptop for now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts