Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, do you like it? Is it worth the cost and hassle to you? I've found a couple models, from $30 to about $50, that "look" quite similar in the photos. But, I don't want to buy one and then find out that it's not worth it and you guys already know that. :)

thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
GREAT question - I noticed over the weekend that with my "MILDLY" tinted-gray eye-glasses, that in the bright sun, the digital numbers for the ODO/Trip-meter/clock weren't visible.

Would that speedometer visor be the thing for this??

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have one on each of my bikes ... short of the "bling" factor, the sun always seems to be cominng from a different direction. Its more a look, and less of a function. Cut yourself one out of a piece of cardboard first and try it, see if its going to work for you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I made my own and it helps under certain conditions, but like whiting57 said, sun and bike positions change constantly....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Thats definitely larger and more functional than mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
vivadude how did you do it?

I'd be interested in doing my own if you could post instructions? I'd bet others would too? I noticed sometimes I have to move to view my speedo when sun come just the right way. I'm always looking for saving $$$$$$.

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maurice and vivadude, thanks for your input. That's about what I had feared. I don't really want to spend $30-50 on one if it's not going to work when I really need it.

I do like the home made version. Looks like some plastic pipe with chrome edging on it. Is that what you made it from?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
thats a great "how to ... " , just dont pick her favorite bag, she might notice its missing. Kerry, that is that chrome automotive trim they use for door edges and alike. Some guys on here have put it around their tanks and fenders etc.

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats pretty sweet but thinking about it they have some cheap mirror replacement stuff at autozone very flexble and thin it might give that chrome appearance instead of the black, I think that it looks badass though I might give it a try

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kerry, that is that chrome automotive trim they use for door edges and alike. Some guys on here have put it around their tanks and fenders etc.
Thanks again, Maurice. I have some of that chrome trim stuff. I'll have to add this mod to my list of to-do projects. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts